Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
After only 2 weeks the mats are shedding their fabric. Already the area under my heal is threadbare.
WTF!
Anyway Lloyds mats have mats for the C8. You can buy them here. They are premium cloth and not plastic or rubber like Weathertechs.

After only 2 weeks the mats are shedding their fabric. Already the area under my heal is threadbare.
WTF!
Anyway Lloyds mats have mats for the C8. You can buy them here. They are premium cloth and not plastic or rubber like Weathertechs.
I've had my C7 for a year now...almost 4K kms of daily driving (winter excepted...) and my mats look like new. I ordered the Stingray package which came with floor mats with the Stingray logo, so not sure if they're any better than the plain factory ones that I stored away.

I bought the cargo liners, but I don't want rubber/plastic under my feet. Especially when not wearing shoes. (not that I do that too often. lol)
Murray maybe you need a pedicure, exfoliate all that dead skin tearing up your mats!

I've had my C7 for a year now...almost 4K kms of daily driving (winter excepted...) and my mats look like new. I ordered the Stingray package which came with floor mats with the Stingray logo, so not sure if they're any better than the plain factory ones that I stored away.

My C7 is 5 years now with 23,000 km. I also have the regular factory mats and the Stingray logo mats (which I only use for show and shines) but the factory mats still look like new.... Hey... They had to cut corners somewhere to offer the C8 at the going price.... :Biggrin:

My C7 is 5 years now with 23,000 km. I also have the regular factory mats and the Stingray logo mats (which I only use for show and shines) but the factory mats still look like new.... Hey... They had to cut corners somewhere to offer the C8 at the going price.... :Biggrin:
Floor mats and frunk latches.....Those two alone kept it under $100k...

WTF!
Interesting? My 2016 Stingray with OEM mats still look new - what can I say? Glad you found suitable replacements. I'd say that this is a minor detail -LOL! I love WT product: my SUV fully equipped with them - great! I'd love to find a plain rubber mats for my C7 though - just to protects mats going forward.

I forgot to update this thread.
The driver mat was put in upside down! lol
Murray I still feel if you are going to go bare feet get those things grinded down to baby feet softness and don't let the C7 guys know about the mats upside down. lol

With its shape, how could the driver mat could be upside down
and not be noticed if perhaps also being on opposite floorboards too.
So were the mats actually upside-down and/or flipped ?
Does this remain an actual quality concern to watch for ?
Or just a BS method of advocating the other mats ?
... asking for a friend with a C8 on its way ...

• Haha
Reactions: Bixter44
With its shape, how could the driver mat could be upside down
and not be noticed if perhaps also being on opposite floorboards too.
So were the mats actually upside-down and/or flipped ?
Does this remain an actual quality concern to watch for ?
Or just a BS method of advocating the other mats ?
... asking for a friend with a C8 on its way ...
The driver side mat is almost symmetrical only slightly different on the left than the right where it sticks out to go up the floorboard.
Looks like this one
1599409163191.png

The driver side mat is almost symmetrical only slightly different on the left than the right where it sticks out to go up the floorboard.
Looks like this one
View attachment 43667
Thank you ... I could have never imagined it near-symmetrical mats as
the snot-nosed GM dealer reps "never have the keys to open the doors"
for a simple photograph ... yyssw "keys to open the doors" (that's a different issue)...
appreciate the photo - it says 1000 words for giving legitimacy to this
simple observation & resolve ... as the "W8N4C8" continues for my friend.

Interesting? My 2016 Stingray with OEM mats still look new - what can I say? Glad you found suitable replacements. I'd say that this is a minor detail -LOL! I love WT product: my SUV fully equipped with them - great! I'd love to find a plain rubber mats for my C7 though - just to protects mats going forward.
On my 2019 'Ray I immediately took the standard/OEM mats out of the vehicle, and put in Weathertech mats. But I didn't like the plastic Weathertech pieces (I've got them in my SUV that somewhat protect the carpeting). I checked with an acquaintance who is the Parts Manager for the local GM dealer, and he told me he could get the rubber C7 custom-fit Weathertech mats, so I got them instead. A very good fit, but I am noticing some wear at the heel contact point with the Rubber (versus no wear at all in several years with the SUV plastic ones).

If and when the rubber Weathertech mats wear out, I'll consider another option. Perhaps the "Phantom" custom-fit pieces that are offered by Costco Canada online. Similar to the WT plastic pieces for durability, but much nicer appearance (my buddy got the front mats for his Toyota Highlander SUV and they look great and don't show any wear after 2 years).

O.N.G.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.