I'm New Here
You're 5
Mar 6, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
no vette
Province
ON
Hello. I have had the nameplate in the photo's for decades, so long I forgot where I got it from. Not ever having a Vette makes it odd. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone could help me determine the model year it is from and the value. I doubt I'll sell, however, it would be nice to know.

The back seems to have a rubber sort of gasket on it. There is no pitting or wear marks on it. It could use a bath as it sits on a shelf in my workshop and collects sawdust.

thanks, Bj

Attachments

• Stingray 1.JPG
    Stingray 1.JPG
    420.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Stingray 2.JPG
    Stingray 2.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Stingray 3.JPG
    Stingray 3.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 18
Hello. I have had the nameplate in the photo's for decades, so long I forgot where I got it from. Not ever having a Vette makes it odd. Anyway, I'm curious if anyone could help me determine the model year it is from and the value. I doubt I'll sell, however, it would be nice to know.

The back seems to have a rubber sort of gasket on it. There is no pitting or wear marks on it. It could use a bath as it sits on a shelf in my workshop and collects sawdust.

thanks, Bj

Hello. 1969 to 1976 used this emblem. Earlier than that, Sting Ray was two words. Look for a part number on the back. That might help you narrow the date down but to my knowledge the C3 emblem stayed pretty much the same throughout those years. Worth whatever someone will pay. For a mancave, maybe $ 30.00 (if it were me buying). Someone missing one original emblem from their restoration C3 would likely pay more as re-pops are sort of a last choice for the resto purist mentality among us.

Reactions: ddgermann
I'd pay $30 as well.

I found one at a garage sale last year in YYC for $25 and walked away offering no more than $20 :rolleyes:
(it appeared to only have over-spray on it that needed cleaning off)

Thanks. What is YYC?

Bj

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread