Casual User
Ontario You're Celebrated
Aug 21, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2011 corvette
Province
ON
Hello everyone hope your all enjoying your cars this summer I have been out a few times and fall in love with my car each time.

Question/ advise / help with regards to a C6 Grandsport radio upgrade. I Am totally now fed up with the OEM -GM Navigation that came with the car ( runs off CD ) it was in stalled after by original owner - the car is actually a LT1 model.
Looking at Apple car play - no more CD, a back up camera, front camera, etc etc.

I have gotten quotes from Crutchfield audio ( they are great) but wanted to get another quote just to educate myself. Is there any good corvette electronic shops within the GTA - I am willing to travel if need be not to far just an excuse for a cruise.

Shall I change speakers as well sound I have now is great just hate the nav and CD issues. As well over all need my phone to hook up to car radio. Please advise

Hello everyone hope your all enjoying your cars this summer I have been out a few times and fall in love with my car each time.

Question/ advise / help with regards to a C6 Grandsport radio upgrade. I Am totally now fed up with the OEM -GM Navigation that came with the car ( runs off CD ) it was in stalled after by original owner - the car is actually a LT1 model.
Looking at Apple car play - no more CD, a back up camera, front camera, etc etc.

I have gotten quotes from Crutchfield audio ( they are great) but wanted to get another quote just to educate myself. Is there any good corvette electronic shops within the GTA - I am willing to travel if need be not to far just an excuse for a cruise.

Shall I change speakers as well sound I have now is great just hate the nav and CD issues. As well over all need my phone to hook up to car radio. Please advise
Try NOIZE BOYZ in Aurora. A friend had the same issue with his ‘11 GS and is really happy with their upgrade. 905-751-0626

Still working with Crutchfield. Including the wiring harness to get my steering wheel controls working the stereo mounting bracket and the deck ( kenwood DMX706S) looking at $700 plus tax plus the rear camera which I buy off of e bay. Brother in Inlaw and I are going to try and install with the tech help from Crutchfield. Thank you all for your input here.

I installed Pioneer AVH 1550 from crutchfield with duel cameras and yes apple car play works excellent

If it's a LT1 I'm assuming you have the standard system and not the "upgraded" Bose system. I may suggest that since you are doing some changes to sound insulate your doors. This really helps with the bass side of the sound form those door speakers. I completed it on my 05 and I'm impressed with the better sound and the doors feel more solid as well. Good luck with the replacement!

Thank you all. I ordered yesterday from Crutchfield thanks to this forum - great for info sharing. But I ordered the two cameras from e bay. Went with the kenwood system DMX706S. They have 8 in stock. Crutchfield is very knowledgeable and helpful adding in the plug and play harness which will keep my steering wheel controls and door chimes.etx. Thanksgiving again all

Ok I finally got my order from Crutchfield - they had a problem approving my visa which was frustrating as I buy from amazon and e bay quite often with same card. I ended up getting the pac harness complete with the stereo controls, allowing me to keep my chimes , on star etc etc. Highly recommend this purchase. I also went with the kenwood DMX706S unit. Great upgrade from the OEM unit that runs off disc and I am able to put in a front and rear camera. Installed myself not hard to do but not easy either. Those electronics connected to Center console are a bitch to get off and disconnected. I ended up calling Crutchfield twice the tech s were great to work with.
I would order again from Crutchfield even though they gave me a hard time on approving my visa price was reasonable and the expertise you cannot beat. Spend a little extra - you drive an expensive car you won’t be sorry.
Still have to hook up cameras but I was playing with the unit last night and boy what a difference in sound and bass woke up the speakers for sure.

I just had my second head unit removed and got the new sony android auto unit installed. What a difference. Plug in your phone and maps pops up. Electronics are moving so fast, probably will be out dated in 5 years.