Oct 30, 2013
fergus
VetteCoins
Car
1993 ruby red
Hello folks,just installed a new audio system in my 93. Stock system was tired so I replaced everything.Problem now is I don't have interior lamps,and key chime sounds when either door is opened key in ignition or not. What have I missed?Anyone have any ideas or have had similar issues. Thanks, Ken.

Did you install the additional gear to connect to the warning audio of the car! Many aftermarket stereos need an added "box" that alos connects the new system to the warning chimes in the car. If you go to crutchfield.ca and find your system (hopefully) that you installed there may be the info on what I am speaking. Not sure how this connects with the lights though. Any random wires missed?
Good luck and let us know!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks for the reply RockyPM.I had the "pros" install the new system. I didn't want to screw it up,so I paid the $600.00 for the install.
I don't think they used the right harness to by-pass the bose system. Oh and dash cluster lights not working either.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Pro install hopefully they stand behind their work! Not as familiar with the older cars but get shop to check under dash ground points. Some corrosion and all the moving around of the wiring during install could have broken something free. Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.