You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Funny I just noticed after driving my car for 3 hours the steering wheel has Z06 graphic at 6:00 oclock position and is "D" shaped. Looks like previous owner upgraded it. Bonus! I didn't realize there were different shaped wheels until i did a little research.

Yup... the factory D shape wheel debut was in 2016...

Eric my 15 Z06 had a flat bottom wheel with the Z06 logo. Maybe it was in a later production run or the guy who bought it new upgraded it. Interesting as it had 5000 kms on it when I bought it.
26FB91DF-AA7A-474D-88D9-8FF80FF01F3A.jpeg

Actually I have a 2015 Z06 with Z07 package and it has a D-shaped wheel with the Z06 logo. Not sure if this was exclusive to Z07 package in 2015, but it's there.

Nope not exclusive to Z07. My 15 with the same wheel was a plain ole 3LZ Z06.

What was introduced in the 16s was the powered rear hatch and the parking cameras.

Agreed though. Eric is rarely wrong... it’s an engineering thing. :rofl:

Pretty sure I’ll be paying for that one at MITM. :Biggrin:

Nope not exclusive to Z07. My 15 with the same wheel was a plain ole 3LZ Z06.

What was introduced in the 16s was the powered rear hatch and the parking cameras.

Agreed though. Eric is rarely wrong... it’s an engineering thing. :rofl:

Pretty sure I’ll be paying for that one at MITM. :Biggrin:

hehehe....

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted another man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”
The man below replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You’re between 59 and 60 degrees north latitude and between 107 and 108 degrees west longitude.”

“You must be an engineer,” said the balloonist.

“I am,” replied the man, “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I’ve no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help at all. If anything, you’ve delayed my trip.”

The man below responded, “You must be in Management.”

“I am,” replied the balloonist, “but how did you know?”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you’ve no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow... it’s my fault.” :laughatyou:

hehehe....

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted another man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”
The man below replied, “You’re in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You’re between 59 and 60 degrees north latitude and between 107 and 108 degrees west longitude.”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I’ve no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help at all. If anything, you’ve delayed my trip.”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you’ve no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow... it’s my fault.”

Yup definitely an engineering answer. A bunch of smoke and mirrors instead of a simple “I don’t know”.
:Laughingatyou:

hehehe....

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you’ve no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow... it’s my fault.” :laughatyou:
:Funnypost:

so reading this, can u change out the guts of a 2014 round steering wheel and install in D- wheel. I see there is a few D- wheels available on line with no guts.. curious minds want to know!

so reading this, can u change out the guts of a 2014 round steering wheel and install in D- wheel. I see there is a few D- wheels available on line with no guts.. curious minds want to know!

Yes Andy all the Guts are interchangeable in the wheel.
Pop that airbag out and have a look. It comes out easy using a small Allen wrench in the little holes on the side of the colum. From there unplug the wiring, pop off the bezel then the switches on each side. You can gut it from there and switch it out.

Just had mine apart for the new bezel install.

This vid shows most of it.

Good luck.

Reactions: 61ratvette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.