Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
Looking at replacing my steering wheel (when my car is delivered) with a carbon fibre model on a 2LT C8. There is an option for 'heated' vs 'non-heated' on the replacement. My question is does anyone know if I opt for the non-heated replacement will I get error messages or mechanical/electrical problems with the connection seeing as the new wheel won't have the option to turn on the heated function? I don't care about losing the heated option as I know for 1000% certainty I will NEVER use the heated steering wheel switch but I also don't want to run into connection or electrical problems. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same camp as Skahaman. I was convinced I'd NEVER used a heated steering wheel with the first "luxury vehicle" I purchased where it came as a standard feature. But then to my surprise, I used it almost all the time when getting into a cold vehicle. So IMO it's one of those things you don't miss if you've never had it...but enjoy using if it's there. But then again, perhaps it's an "old age thing" although I first started using one when I was in my early 40's.

Reactions: Murray20c8
To me winter = snow (or maybe salt). I can drive mine at least 300 days a year (well, roughly not counting rain). I love the heated steering wheel. Never had one. In the winter car I aim the upper ducts at the steering wheel to heat my hands. "Old = poor circulation" Both me AND the car! ;)

Looking at replacing my steering wheel (when my car is delivered) with a carbon fibre model on a 2LT C8. There is an option for 'heated' vs 'non-heated' on the replacement. My question is does anyone know if I opt for the non-heated replacement will I get error messages or mechanical/electrical problems with the connection seeing as the new wheel won't have the option to turn on the heated function? I don't care about losing the heated option as I know for 1000% certainty I will NEVER use the heated steering wheel switch but I also don't want to run into connection or electrical problems. Thanks in advance.
Get the heat... You will be glad you did and you WILL use it whether you drive in the winter or not.

I thought this place was for people looking for info, having questions about C8 topics, keeping up with C8 news, etc. I asked what I deemed to be a legitimate question however all I'm seeing here is a bunch of inane replies telling me what I should do and what I will end up using. Does anyone OTHER than the people telling what I need and what I will end up doing have any USEFUL info about the original question?

To answer your question, I'd think you'd have a connector that isn't connected and a switch that is useless. It might also detract on resale value. I doubt you'd get a code or have ny real issue. Is the price difference that great?

No, I don’t know if you will receive error messages or have electrical/mechanical issues. Sounds like a question for the manufacturer. Regardless of whether or not you will use the option, why not just buy the one with the heat function? This way you should have no issues or concerns.

I thought this place was for people looking for info, having questions about C8 topics, keeping up with C8 news, etc. I asked what I deemed to be a legitimate question however all I'm seeing here is a bunch of inane replies telling me what I should do and what I will end up using. Does anyone OTHER than the people telling what I need and what I will end up doing have any USEFUL info about the original question?

Wow...the point with my "inane" post (and others) was to suggest you keep the heated steering wheel, which seemed relevant for someone wanting to ditch it and wondering if that would cause problems. But having said that, I have no direct answer to your question and doubt anyone here would, since it's unusual to get rid of an OEM option like that. Perhaps (and you don't say) there's a huge price increase with the heated replacement steering wheel?

If not the manufacturer as indicated by JohnP, then perhaps an experienced C8 technician or shop foreman which may be someone you have more ready access to at a dealership that sells/services lots of C8's. Good luck finding a specific answer to your question and welcome to the Forums, which generally ARE very helpful but for easier questions in particular or ones that people have more experience with.

Ok, after reading your question again I feel like I have the answer to the question...

Call the manufacturer of the wheel for clarification.

Sorry you don't like the way things work around here.

Byyyyyyyyeeeeeee......

Please watch your tone. Several here tried to help the best they could.

@rtrombley3 have you contacted the manufacturer for an answer? Maybe you’ll be able to help others.

Questions for you, why are you replacing the wheel with an aftermarket CF one? What benefit are you expecting?

Okay I see the problem here, allow me to help you out with your response:

"Thanks for all the replies, I know a lot of you like the heated option but I'm okay with not having it. Any info on possible problems with my set-up greatly appreciated."

There now, was that so hard?

I find putting the angry/annoyed crayons back in the box, and getting the respectful crayons out goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.