Getting steering column lock msg. More often and car won't start on my 2005 corvette. Should I take to dealership. Thanks
Not sure about the C6...when I had my C5 there was a recall on the steering lock as it was quirky and I had it lock up on me once while driving...thankfully at very low speed and not on the highway. I'd actually had the recall reprogramming done before then, but on bringing it to a different dealer the 2nd time they found that since mine came from the US originally, they needed to apply a US specific reprogramming rather than the Canadian version that the first dealer did.

After all that I never had another issue until I sold it a few years ago, but also all of this permanently disabled the steering lock.

Good luck!

same issues plus more steel automotive in london had me going in 15mins NO DEALER PLS THEY HAVE LICENCE TO STEAL

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1 (5).jpg
    thumbnail_image1 (5).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: OL Yeller
The dealer now has a TSB fix for the 2005 manual column lock. It's not cheap, but it eliminates the nuissance. A much better solution than buying and installing a bypass, which also fails in due time.
Once the message comes up and the car won't start, to get it to unlock temporarily, disconnect the battery and it will reset the solenoid and allow the car to start once you reconnect the battery.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.