Csc

Casual User
Aug 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
Is there anyway to control the settings on the exhaust sound at start up? Since it defaults in tour mode, the exhaust is on the lowest setting.
Thanks!

One step quieter is “Stealth” mode…give it a try. That is what I set in ”My” mode for sneaking out of the neighbourhood without waking the dead (Magnaflow exhaust & ARH headers). Happy motoring!
I don't believe it can be any quieter than tour. Correct me of I'm wrong, but tour redirects all exhaust through the muffler. Does stealth not rev when it starts?

I don't believe it can be any quieter than tour. Correct me of I'm wrong, but tour redirects all exhaust through the muffler. Does stealth not rev when it starts?
The C8, like many new cars revs higher and has a very rich fuel mixture with the start-up cycle of about 20 seconds. This is to super heat the cats so they clean the exhaust faster. I don’t know what Chevy has in mind when it offers “Tour” and ”Stealth” modes, but they do. My C8 is quieter on the “Stealth” mode, not sure how, why., or if I am the only owner to experience this. Happy Motoring.

The C8, like many new cars revs higher and has a very rich fuel mixture with the start-up cycle of about 20 seconds. This is to super heat the cats so they clean the exhaust faster. I don’t know what Chevy has in mind when it offers “Tour” and ”Stealth” modes, but they do. My C8 is quieter on the “Stealth” mode, not sure how, why., or if I am the only owner to experience this. Happy Motoring.
Funny, I don't recall seeing stealth mode, but then I've never looked! lol
I'll check it out. The manual shows it and I do remember now that you mention it. Perhaps tour sends some exhaust through both outlets. My outboard tips are black. That should tell you what I use. ;)

Reactions: DAL
I am usually always in My Mode, where I have the exhaust at full sound. It always starts up in My Mode, with full sound.
Hey how did you get it to stay in My Mode after you turn off the car? Mine seems to defaults into tour mode every time the car shuts off

Funny, I don't recall seeing stealth mode, but then I've never looked! lol
I'll check it out. The manual shows it and I do remember now that you mention it. Perhaps tour sends some exhaust through both outlets. My outboard tips are black. That should tell you what I use. ;)
The stealth mode is an exhaust setting when you choose the various setup options for My Mode or Z Mode. It isn’t a standalone setting when you turn the dial.
Regardless of what setting I have when I turn the car off, it always goes back to Tour mode on start up.

Hey how did you get it to stay in My Mode after you turn off the car? Mine seems to defaults into tour mode every time the car shuts off
It's been a year since I set all this up, but I believe whatever setting it shuts down in (except Zmode) it starts with.
If you shut down in Zmode it will always start with Tour. Mine is a 2020 though so I can't speak for newer versions.

Page 207 of the 2021 manual:
1636608065268.png

Have not tried it but I am hoping I can customize My Mode so the exhaust is in stealth at startup so a bit quieter. I would use My Mode simply for starting and the go Tour or Sport and then back to My Mode when parking .

Page 207 of the 2021 manual:
View attachment 89411
Have not tried it but I am hoping I can customize My Mode so the exhaust is in stealth at startup so a bit quieter. I would use My Mode simply for starting and the go Tour or Sport and then back to My Mode when parking .
If you are going to do all that, you should use Zmode and then go back to mymode when parking. Both of those modes are adjustable to whatever you want.

Reactions: gdb069 and DAL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.