Sep 12, 2011
Somerset, Kings County, Nova Scotia, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Coupe
Good morning from the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia! It's still raining and very cool but hopefully summer-like weather is on the way. I haven't been active on the forum for the past while however I thought that I'd share a picture of our "new to us" ride; a black on black 2004 coupe. While our '75 has been lots of fun, it was time for something with a little longer travel capability and more creature comfort! Funny how retirement and further "maturing" changes your perspective!! Hopefully we can find a good home for the Stingray....

Safe travels everyone!

Doug / Valley Vette

20170524_203643_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20170524_203730_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Doug good to see you back and with a new family member to boot.:thumbs: I think the forum has a few new members from your area over the last year.

The C5's are indeed a nice touring car and I hope you enjoy yours. Again welcome back.:Cheers2:

Welcome back Doug. The C5 looks great and I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone for the C3. She looks pretty pristine as well. Out of curiosity, which Somerset do you call home?

Somerset is located just north of Berwick in the Annapolis Valley. I'm not aware of another Somerset in Nova Scotia however 200 years ago my wife's forefathers named Somerset in Nova Scotia after their homeland, Somersetshire in England. We retired to the last of the property from the original tract of land grant that still exists within the family.

VV

Last edited:
Somerset is located just north of Berwick in the Annapolis Valley. I'm not aware of another Somerset in Nova Scotia however 200 years ago my wife's forefathers named Somerset in Nova Scotia after their homeland, Somersetshire in England. We retired to the last of the property from the original tract of land grant that still exists within the family.

VV

Very kewl...Lots of history ... my Dad's forefathers came to Nova Scotia as planters sponsored by the British in 1760 and settled tracts of land in Center Burlington. They landed in Rhode Island first, but I'm happy they decided on Canada...lol......

There's a small community named Somerset in Lunenburg County, south of Bridgewater just off the 103... Not near the metropolis size of the Kings County Somerset... ;)... Only reason I know of it was dated a girl from the area...

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Very kewl...Lots of history ... my Dad's forefathers came to Nova Scotia as planters sponsored by the British in 1760 and settled tracts of land in Center Burlington. They landed in Rhode Island first, but I'm happy they decided on Canada...lol......

There's a small community named Somerset in Lunenburg County, south of Bridgewater just off the 103... Not near the metropolis size of the Kings County Somerset... ;)... Only reason I know of it was dated a girl from the area...
Well, one learns something new every day! Google Maps shows that it's located on "Sommerset" Road but I see that local real estate adds spell it "Somerset" Road. Perhaps the debate rages on....? Our Somerset might be a little larger as we have one corner store with a gas pump and a flashing light at the highway intersection. ;) Regardless, now I know, thanks for the info!
VV

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Doug....
Welcome back pal.
Congrats on the new ride. Very nice.
Murray and I kinda like those black cars.
Between your C5 coupe, Murray's C5 Zed and my C5 convert we have that all covered in black!!

Take care
Graham
Hi Graham! While the black finish will show dust in a flash I have to admit that the black on black looks really "cool" and very nicely sets off the chrome rims. I guess the trick is to simply never give dust the chance to settle...!

Doug / VV

Wow, Corvettes, Canadian history and what appears to be the start of a feud over whose "Somerset" is bigger. For some reason I think we traveled through one of them last summer on our east coast trip. Our cottage is called "Summerset" and one of us remarked on the name and wondered if we should steal the sign. My wife is such a criminal.:Biggrin:

I've been reading this thread and find it rather kewl. :thumbs:
All we need is to franchise MikeysZ06 and add some pictures or rolling video of Corvette Cruising for us to enjoy.
Until which time we will speculate the vision of the area(s) in our heads.
Great reading ... thx

What a great shot of the new 'manor'..! nice shop too.
Looking so peaceful.
I like your other new 'ride' in the front garden.
Is a new powerplant upgrade waiting to happen!
I see it has the latest low-profile 60" wheels.

I want to see a couple more pics of your new 2004 specimen.

take care
graham

What a great shot of the new 'manor'..! nice shop too.
Looking so peaceful.
I like your other new 'ride' in the front garden.
Is a new powerplant upgrade waiting to happen!
I see it has the latest low-profile 60" wheels.

I want to see a couple more pics of your new 2004 specimen.

take care
graham

Hi Graham, as it continues to rain here (a typical spring in Nova Scotia) this is what it seems I've seen since bringing her home a couple of weeks ago:
orca-image-1496273801783.jpg_1496273801928.jpeg

:) Doug

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.