Couldn't wait...I know I know: high of -11 today and all-season tires don't work great when it's this cold. However roads are clear (tiny bit of frost cover this morning; only spun once and very briefly). Car has ++ PPF so it'll hopefully withstand road debris. After all, "YOLO". Car started great first try: fuel stabilizer and Corvette CTEK battery tender worked great!

Needed some warranty work done starting tomorrow and getting first free oil/filter change (just over 2,000 km on 2023 picked up in early October), plus free DCT filter change UNLESS dealer agrees can do that later (GM says it's to be done with first oil/filter change). Photo shows car in my office parkade this morning. It kept telling me all the way to work, how much it missed being outside with me behind the wheel after being cooped up on top of a 4-post lift since November 27. I explained it's only been just over 3 months, which isn't much for Edmonton, but that didn't go over well. Funny, I didn't realize Corvettes could talk and were so opinionated...(lol).

IMG_6378.jpg

FYI: just talked to dealer and the free DTC filter replacement and top-up, does NOT have to be done at the same time as the first oil/filter change, as indicated in the GM literature sent to dealers. He checked and it can be done anytime in the first 2 years of ownership and within 24,000 km. I'm surprised at that mileage, since the 2023 manual recommends it happen when indicated by the dashboard service indicator (page 250)...or at 12,000 km (page 307). I'll likely do it around 10,000 km, unless my C8 says it has to be done sooner. The nice thing is the dealer has confirmed the DCT work is free, along with the 2 free oil/filter changes.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
FYI: just talked to dealer and the free DTC filter replacement and top-up, does NOT have to be done at the same time as the first oil/filter change, as indicated in the GM literature sent to dealers. He checked and it can be done anytime in the first 2 years of ownership and within 24,000 km. I'm surprised at that mileage, since the 2023 manual recommends it happen when indicated by the dashboard service indicator (page 250)...or at 12,000 km (page 307). I'll likely do it around 10,000 km, unless my C8 says it has to be done sooner. The nice thing is the dealer has confirmed the DCT work is free, along with the 2 free oil/filter changes.
Which dealer were you talking to? The dealer I purchased mine from said the DCT MUST be changed around 12,000kms. Even provided it in writing.

Unless the newer cars are different, my indicator does not tell you for the first one that is supposed to be done much earlier than the regular ones afterwards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.