G9177

I'm New Here
Aug 18, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2016 stingray
Province
MB
Help please- I have a 2016 stingray I’m thinking about taking the spoiler off (factory). Some say it’s adhesive holding it on. Some say bolts. Anybody who had taken their factory spoiler off and can confirm what is the right answer I would appreciate the help.

Thank you

If it's a factory installed option it's most likely the Z51 style spoiler, although it could be the "High Wing" style. Either way, if the car came from the factory with the spoiler installed then it's attached by a series of nuts, bolts and washers and 3M double sided tape. Removal requires that the rear bumper cover / clip be removed in order to access the mechanical fasteners.

If you're sure that it's a factory installation then it's definitely bolted and taped. If there's a chance that it's an aftermarket spoiler then it's possible that it's held on by tape only but it's not likely. Check your window sticker, if you have one, or the factory options list / build sheet under the carpet in the rear cargo area, RH side. Either of these documents would confirm if the spoiler is a factory RPO.

Best of luck
Ross

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.