Beta
Jun 14, 2017
Port Hope, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z16 #123
Province
ON
I finally had my new spoiler painted. Now comes the fun part installing it.
DSC_0223.JPG

I have to mark where the spoiler will sit, and mark where the studs will be on the bumper prior to drilling the 8 holes to attach the spoiler

Great looking spoiler! I especially like those on the Z06's. Funny that the first picture showed the painters tape and with my first glance, my thought was, That's a funny color for a spoiler. :D
Very nice job!

Being very reluctant to drill holes, I once installed a spoiler similar to that one on a Chrysler 300. I used commercial grade double-sided automotive tape the full length. I also ran a very thin and invisible bead of waterproof silicone along the leading edge to keep rain, etc from degrading the double-sided tape over time. There is only one downside to this type of installation - you need to be really lined up before dropping into place. 4 years later it was still a perfect installation though and likely still is.

I'll see your 10 holes, and raise you 2 big ones.

Installed the Z06 brake ducts on my '04 a few weeks back. Making and checking the templates? No problem. Taping up the rockers and tracing them out. No problem. Drilling the pilot holes for the jigsaw blade? Cold sweats. Cutting out the holes for the ducts? Major heart palpitations.

Just before I started cutting, the wife came into the garage to inform me that see was making a run to Costco. I dropped everything and went along, just as a stress break.:nailbiting:

They came out perfect though.:Hurray:

I'll see your 10 holes, and raise you 2 big ones.

Installed the Z06 brake ducts on my '04 a few weeks back. Making and checking the templates? No problem. Taping up the rockers and tracing them out. No problem. Drilling the pilot holes for the jigsaw blade? Cold sweats. Cutting out the holes for the ducts? Major heart palpitations.

Just before I started cutting, the wife came into the garage to inform me that see was making a run to Costco. I dropped everything and went along, just as a stress break.:nailbiting:

They came out perfect though.:Hurray:
And the pictures are Where?

Reactions: Hotrodron
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.