Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
Reading the report on the high wing spoiler being pulled from 2022 orders:
Chev Stripping High Wing Orders
I was planning on ordering the new low wing spoiler option when my 2023 order comes up. I had up to this point assumed it was a glue-on affair, but now I'm not so sure as in the article is says "Low Profile spoiler (which uses the same mounts as the High Wing so it can easily be swapped out later for it)".
My question then is this: if I order the low profile spoiler and then decide later on the put on a Z51 spoiler (my C8 will not be a Z51 due to $$$) will there be holes left open? Doesn't the Z51 spoiler use only 4 holes, two on each end?
Maybe I should go with no spoiler and decide later? I prefer the look of the Z51 spoiler, the high wing not so much...the low profile spoiler I can live with.
Any info would be appreciated.
Need to clear this up as I only have a mere five months or so before the dealer takes out the napkin, crosses out the guy ahead of me and gives me a call to come in and place an order with GM.

Low profile wing is "glued" on

Personally I dont think it does much for the looks and left the wing off and saved $900 for fuel.

Last edited:
Reading the report on the high wing spoiler being pulled from 2022 orders:
Chev Stripping High Wing Orders
I was planning on ordering the new low wing spoiler option when my 2023 order comes up. I had up to this point assumed it was a glue-on affair, but now I'm not so sure as in the article is says "Low Profile spoiler (which uses the same mounts as the High Wing so it can easily be swapped out later for it)".
My question then is this: if I order the low profile spoiler and then decide later on the put on a Z51 spoiler (my C8 will not be a Z51 due to $$$) will there be holes left open? Doesn't the Z51 spoiler use only 4 holes, two on each end?
Maybe I should go with no spoiler and decide later? I prefer the look of the Z51 spoiler, the high wing not so much...the low profile spoiler I can live with.
Any info would be appreciated.
Need to clear this up as I only have a mere five months or so before the dealer takes out the napkin, crosses out the guy ahead of me and gives me a call to come in and place an order with GM.
Some high wings have been pulled, not all.
There is no spoiler delete option with the Z51.

Here is the skivvy on the high wing

Low profile wing is "glued" on

Personally I dont think it does much for the looks and left the wing off and saved $900 for fuel.

Thanks for the video. Clears things up. I think I will go with the low profile spoiler option. It comes with the Z51 splitter and I'll always have the option to put on a Z51 spoiler down the road. Hopefully the 2023 price increases won't cause me to drop this option entirely.

I wonder what the paint looks like when you try to remove the glued on low wing
Good question. I've seen some videos of the Z51 wing being removed and they have bit of glue on the ends, you have to use a heat gun to get it off. I don't think I will wait very long to determine if the low wing stays or goes. From what I have seen in pics it looks okay, but I haven't seen one in person. I'm planning on black mirrors/low wing on Elkhart Lake blue, and from the visualizer I'm liking what I see :thumbs:

Good question. I've seen some videos of the Z51 wing being removed and they have bit of glue on the ends, you have to use a heat gun to get it off. I don't think I will wait very long to determine if the low wing stays or goes. From what I have seen in pics it looks okay, but I haven't seen one in person. I'm planning on black mirrors/low wing on Elkhart Lake blue, and from the visualizer I'm liking what I see :thumbs:
Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome. I went with the high wing (carbon flash) on my Red Mist HTC and love the look. I also had the roof wrapped in carbon flash.

Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome. I went with the high wing (carbon flash) on my Red Mist HTC and love the look. I also had the roof wrapped in carbon flash.

Could you please post a picture of it .

156153CB-24DE-4287-85C3-E31FEC661A1B.jpeg

Reactions: vinny's vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.