Jun 27, 2017
Portage la Prairie, MB
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Coupe
Province
MB
Anyone know of good splash guards for a C5. I have a plan to get the stone damage painted next month. So I took out the Altec Splash Guards I have had for a couple of weeks. I was going to get them painted to match the car. Glad I haven't done that yet. I ordered Anniversary Red, but that's a joke. They don't fit like I imagined. They really don't fit right at all. The top hole doesn't lineup inside the wheel well, and the splash guard has more curve to it than the wheel well.
IMG_1152.JPG
Is there a better alternative besides APsis - $638 before shipping and taxes?

Ya that not lining up well is it....

Seems we have to online order most aftermarket accessories for our cars. I get what you say about APSIS. They are really expensive and have the core charge as well. I used their stuff on 2 Zs now and the cost was ridiculous.
There are tons of options for you. Some guys are saying the factory ones fit great too...which they should. Not sure if you can still get them for your C5 though.
A good search should find something in Canada for you that can be shipped locally without duty quickly.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you decide on. :Biggrin:

Derek

C5 Corvette Splash Guards Body Molded - RPIDesigns.com

Corvette Splash Guards

Amazon product ASIN B00FPBBUE4

Reactions: YFCvii
Ya that not lining up well is it....

Seems we have to online order most aftermarket accessories for our cars. I get what you say about APSIS. They are really expensive and have the core charge as well. I used their stuff on 2 Zs now and the cost was ridiculous.
There are tons of options for you. Some guys are saying the factory ones fit great too...which they should. Not sure if you can still get them for your C5 though.
A good search should find something in Canada for you that can be shipped locally without duty quickly.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing what you decide on. :Biggrin:

Derek

C5 Corvette Splash Guards Body Molded - RPIDesigns.com

Corvette Splash Guards

Amazon product ASIN B00FPBBUE4
I have been all over the net and have only found the RPI version and APsis besides the Altec that I have. I was hoping someone would say the RPI's are great. I am using RPI's Almost Stealth splashguards right now just to protect the car. They are functional.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hey to all at this forum. Please forgive me guy’s. This is my first post as a new member and I accidentally started a new thread on this very topic. I’m very sorry.
I, too have been looking for splash guards for my C5. I’ve ordered (and returned SG from eBay; the product with the Chevy bow tie and Altec SG purchased from Corvette depot which required drilling and wheel removal. (As if drilling holes in my C5 is going to happen. NOPE!)
Here in my part of Canada, I’ve encountered bad roads, gravel trucks going over bumps and deposited excess gravel I get to drive through. (Well you know the story).
Mud Flaps aka Splash guards would help mitigate that stuff so, GM SG’s seem logical as well as RPI SG’s. I too have scoured the Web for hours. No Joy. I’d love input from you guy’s. Cheers and thanks from this Forum new guy.

Hey to all at this forum. Please forgive me guy’s. This is my first post as a new member and I accidentally started a new thread on this very topic. I’m very sorry.
I, too have been looking for splash guards for my C5. I’ve ordered (and returned SG from eBay; the product with the Chevy bow tie and Altec SG purchased from Corvette depot which required drilling and wheel removal. (As if drilling holes in my C5 is going to happen. NOPE!)
Here in my part of Canada, I’ve encountered bad roads, gravel trucks going over bumps and deposited excess gravel I get to drive through. (Well you know the story).
Mud Flaps aka Splash guards would help mitigate that stuff so, GM SG’s seem logical as well as RPI SG’s. I too have scoured the Web for hours. No Joy. I’d love input from you guy’s. Cheers and thanks from this Forum new guy.

There are options:

Maybe check with @Bixter44
I saw him in Winnipeg and we discussed his. Can't remember the outcome. I do remember how great his car looked though.:thumbs:

D

Reactions: YFCvii
There are options:

Maybe check with @Bixter44
I saw him in Winnipeg and we discussed his. Can't remember the outcome. I do remember how great his car looked though.:thumbs:

D

Thanks Derek.

OK Canadaboy54, here's my story. Like you I seem to have dirty paved roads up here that require splash guards. I have 1/4 mile of gravel to get in and out of here as well. I asked for suggestions here and no C5'ers chimed in. I got Altec and would have been happy with them but they literally didn't fit the radius of the front wheel well. They are still in a box somewhere in the garage. In all my research after that and a few forums elsewhere, it seemed like APSIS was the only other choice. Some guys loved them. The price had me dragging my feet. By the time I got them painted and on the car, they were $1000. The problem with them is that they don't work as well as one would like for that kind of money. Better than nothing but they need to stick down further, like the Altec splash guards. My son in law has Altec IMG_1266.JPGon his C6 and they look good, and they work. I wanted to get some Xpel and Ceramic coating this fall but I have too much gravel rash to do it because the APSIS splash guards didn't do their job well enough in 4000 miles. That's after painting all the gravel rash since the car was new, last August. The car has a tricoat paint job. Whole body panels have to be painted. Just for the gravel rash behind the front wheels, the whole front fender has to be painted, again. Along with the rocker panels, again. And the whole rear section, that I ignored last time. I am having trouble with painting again after one year, so I am putting that decision off til spring.

Having said all that, you have indicated that you are not drilling holes in you car. There is one other option. Before I found APSIS, I had the 'Stealth" splash guards from RPI Designs. They are on sale right now for $39.95. They work better than APSIS but they look like $39.95. But no drilling. The front ones utilize stock wheel well bolts. The rear ones use these effen clips that were all but impossible to use, for me. I got one to work on each side and drilled a hole for one bolt. And don't ever think you should take the clip off either. You will be surprised how much the back of the wheel well will move while fighting with the clips. I think they need to stick out the side a little on the front to protect better. But then they wouldn't be as 'Stealth"

Some days I want to take the APSIS off and go back to $39.95. You know, function over form. That will require painting as well. APSIS overlaps the side of the car so there will be some scuffing to fix, and holes to fill if I take them off. Decisions, decisions. Good luck.
IMG_1263.JPG

Bic

• Winner
Reactions: ddgermann
Thanks Derek.

OK Canadaboy54, here's my story. Like you I seem to have dirty paved roads up here that require splash guards. I have 1/4 mile of gravel to get in and out of here as well. I asked for suggestions here and no C5'ers chimed in. I got Altec and would have been happy with them but they literally didn't fit the radius of the front wheel well. They are still in a box somewhere in the garage. In all my research after that and a few forums elsewhere, it seemed like APSIS was the only other choice. Some guys loved them. The price had me dragging my feet. By the time I got them painted and on the car, they were $1000. The problem with them is that they don't work as well as one would like for that kind of money. Better than nothing but they need to stick down further, like the Altec splash guards. My son in law has Altec View attachment 20742on his C6 and they look good, and they work. I wanted to get some Xpel and Ceramic coating this fall but I have too much gravel rash to do it because the APSIS splash guards didn't do their job well enough in 4000 miles. That's after painting all the gravel rash since the car was new, last August. The car has a tricoat paint job. Whole body panels have to be painted. Just for the gravel rash behind the front wheels, the whole front fender has to be painted, again. Along with the rocker panels, again. And the whole rear section, that I ignored last time. I am having trouble with painting again after one year, so I am putting that decision off til spring.

Having said all that, you have indicated that you are not drilling holes in you car. There is one other option. Before I found APSIS, I had the 'Stealth" splash guards from RPI Designs. They are on sale right now for $39.95. They work better than APSIS but they look like $39.95. But no drilling. The front ones utilize stock wheel well bolts. The rear ones use these effen clips that were all but impossible to use, for me. I got one to work on each side and drilled a hole for one bolt. And don't ever think you should take the clip off either. You will be surprised how much the back of the wheel well will move while fighting with the clips. I think they need to stick out the side a little on the front to protect better. But then they wouldn't be as 'Stealth"

Some days I want to take the APSIS off and go back to $39.95. You know, function over form. That will require painting as well. APSIS overlaps the side of the car so there will be some scuffing to fix, and holes to fill if I take them off. Decisions, decisions. Good luck.
View attachment 20741

Bic
Well a bit of relief! I’ve a fellow C5 Corvette owner dealing with exactly the same situation as mine! My Corvette Club of Ontario doesn’t have a whole lot of C5’s. Most of the guy’s aren’t really into Splash guards. You may have gone or heard about the Kingston Corvette Invasion this past summer. 275 Corvette’s. Absolutely incredible experience. As I was wondering around with my camera, I saw no C5’s with splash guards or mud flaps. Yet, getting my car ready for winter this week, the road rash on the rockers, directly behind the front wheels is noticeable. Gotta find a solution to this!
I’m really tempted to go with RPI’s. Your point about the clips being a pain has me thinking. Let me get back to you and thank you for a really informative post. Cheers!

Reactions: Bixter44
Well a bit of relief! I’ve a fellow C5 Corvette owner dealing with exactly the same situation as mine! My Corvette Club of Ontario doesn’t have a whole lot of C5’s. Most of the guy’s aren’t really into Splash guards. You may have gone or heard about the Kingston Corvette Invasion this past summer. 275 Corvette’s. Absolutely incredible experience. As I was wondering around with my camera, I saw no C5’s with splash guards or mud flaps. Yet, getting my car ready for winter this week, the road rash on the rockers, directly behind the front wheels is noticeable. Gotta find a solution to this!
I’m really tempted to go with RPI’s. Your point about the clips being a pain has me thinking. Let me get back to you and thank you for a really informative post. Cheers!

The RPI's will help a lot. For $39.95 US, you can't go wrong for now. Before I gave up and went with APSIS I was searching out a similar material to the RPI's and cutting out a front set that were a little wider using the originals for a template for bolt holes. Never got that far.

Like you, I don't find any C5's with splash guards. My buddy in Bismarck hear's my road rash story but doesn't look too close at his C5 paint that's close to the road. Doesn't want to get into the splash guard dilemma so he doesn't think about it. I can't do that. I wash and polish the painted surface that wraps under the car. So it's easy to see the road rash

Let me know what you do.

Bic

The RPI's will help a lot. For $39.95 US, you can't go wrong for now. Before I gave up and went with APSIS I was searching out a similar material to the RPI's and cutting out a front set that were a little wider using the originals for a template for bolt holes. Never got that far.

Like you, I don't find any C5's with splash guards. My buddy in Bismarck hear's my road rash story but doesn't look too close at his C5 paint that's close to the road. Doesn't want to get into the splash guard dilemma so he doesn't think about it. I can't do that. I wash and polish the painted surface that wraps under the car. So it's easy to see the road rash

Let me know what you do.

Bic
Hey Bic! I’m with you: Clean and polish RIGHT DOWN TO THE ROCKERS! I had the undercarriage steam cleaned in the spring which gave me an opportunity to get underneath a have a good look. I’ve got a 2004 Commerative and it wasn’t outta line except the rockers. Not bad but not good either. The guy’s at the shop offered to clean them up. Time and money was ticking so I said no. Every car I’ve owned has had factory mud flaps installed at the time of purchase. Why the Heck can’t we buy something for our C5’s? Well the hunt continues tomorrow. I’ll stay in touch. And thanks again for the post.

Hey Bic! I’m with you: Clean and polish RIGHT DOWN TO THE ROCKERS! I had the undercarriage steam cleaned in the spring which gave me an opportunity to get underneath a have a good look. I’ve got a 2004 Commerative and it wasn’t outta line except the rockers. Not bad but not good either. The guy’s at the shop offered to clean them up. Time and money was ticking so I said no. Every car I’ve owned has had factory mud flaps installed at the time of purchase. Why the Heck can’t we buy something for our C5’s? Well the hunt continues tomorrow. I’ll stay in touch. And thanks again for the post.
GM made them for a while but they are discontinued. Rumour has it there is a You Tube video on how to convert factory C6 splash guards to fit a C5. Never looked in to that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.