May 1, 2016
VetteCoins
I have 2017 Grand Sport with NAV and HUD. I can only display the speed limit in the HUD display that only shows vehicle speed, no tach. How, or can, I display the speed limit with the speed, tach and G force all together in the HUD? Corvette owners manual and You Tube videos do not do good job of explaining the fine detail. I just bought this car and am not familiar with C7's.

Last edited:
Hey there 1BAD 9T9.......I have my HUD to display tach and speed. Have not changed it in a couple of years but to the left of the steering wheel on the bottom part of the dash assembly you will see 3 "button controls" they will adjust the brightness, the level and the info displayed onto the HUD.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Hey there 1BAD 9T9.......I have my HUD to display tach and speed. Have not changed it in a couple of years but to the left of the steering wheel on the bottom part of the dash assembly you will see 3 "button controls" they will adjust the brightness, the level and the info displayed onto the HUD.....
Thanks. All good what you say. I have set the speed limit to display in the info centre and it works on the dash just fine. However when I toggle through the HUD using the three buttons on the left and have the Mode set for Touring on the console I only get the speed limit on HUD info display which shows solely the vehicle speed and the speed limit. I cannot get it to work in the other three positions on the HUD which show tach, G force and speed, but no speed limit.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks. All good what you say. I have set the speed limit to display in the info centre and it works on the dash just fine. However when I toggle through the HUD using the three buttons on the left and have the Mode set for Touring on the console I only get the speed limit on HUD info display which shows solely the vehicle speed and the speed limit. I cannot get it to work in the other three positions on the HUD which show tach, G force and speed, but no speed limit.

Interesting... I think that my HUD stays at the setting that I choose regardless of the driving mode I use. I would say that 80% of the time (I have the A8 tranny) I drive in sport mode with the tranny selector in manual mode. My car is clean and its raining here so it will not get driven 2day, but I will fool around with the mode selections and see if the HUD changes when I drive it next..... supposedly sunny tmrw.... maybe someone else will chime in and set the record straight.

• Informative
Well I took the car out for a drive today and I have my HUD set up to display my speed, the revs, Gforce and gear that I am in. During my drive I switched between the following 3 driving modes -Track, Sport and Touring. I also switched from fully automatic driving to paddle shift. In my case, my HUD never changed from my chosen display setting.

• Informative
Well I took the car out for a drive today and I have my HUD set up to display my speed, the revs, Gforce and gear that I am in. During my drive I switched between the following 3 driving modes -Track, Sport and Touring. I also switched from fully automatic driving to paddle shift. In my case, my HUD never changed from my chosen display setting.
I have been driving with just the speed and speed limit display, no tachometer. I have reverted back to the old "ear" method where you just listen to the engine scream and know it is time it is time to shift before bad happens. However if I decide to look down the dash stuff has everything you want - just have to take your eyes off the road.

I have been driving with just the speed and speed limit display, no tachometer. I have reverted back to the old "ear" method where you just listen to the engine scream and know it is time it is time to shift before bad happens. However if I decide to look down the dash stuff has everything you want - just have to take your eyes off the road.

Seems strange 1 BAD 9T9. You should definitely be able to display the tach. I dont know what assistance I can offer .... I simply toggle through the info tab that controls the HUD display and there def is a tach option available to be displayed onto the HUD. My car, as yours, is a 17' G.S. I have a 2LT with the Z07pckge but I dont think it should matter since u do have the HUD option........ (And btw there's nothing wrong with old school rev shifting!) You should also have green shift lights appearing on your gauge cluster when its time to shift. They also appear on my HUD. I havent read the manual, but if you have not done so, flip through it or go to a dealership that sells corvettes and talk to a sales rep who may be able to go over the configuration process of the HUD with you........ hope it all works out!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.