It's more than a name change, they will no longer carry F1 and are going more mainstream complete with stick and ball sports, they are aiming to be another ESPN. I expect a lot of changes, not all for the good.

Another reason I am seriously considering cancelling my cable. Every time I try and watch tv (which is not very often) there is nothing on. Why am I paying $100 per month for nothing??

Another reason I am seriously considering cancelling my cable. Every time I try and watch tv (which is not very often) there is nothing on. Why am I paying $100 per month for nothing??

agreed Greg, it's getting more and more difficult to find something decent to watch on tv. My wife has all but given up on it -- I'm not far off that mark myself.
Maybe I'll have to get back into reading more. Spending a little too much time on the 'puter too.

C.

I agree with the lack of programming on cable. I think I probably pay $.25 a minute for the amount I watch a month. If we didn't have a renter where we include TV, I'd cancel it this month.

Cancelled my cable last Friday. Haven't missed it yet. My wife was all for it. We have Netflixs if we want to watch a movie on the PS3. Even with the Netflixs, I'm saving $100/month. That's $1200/yr!

Last edited:
do you stream Netflix to your TV? thinking about going with that also and getting an antenna for local stations, we share our dish so only $27/mo but like you say, no decent programming!

do you stream Netflix to your TV? thinking about going with that also and getting an antenna for local stations, we share our dish so only $27/mo but like you say, no decent programming!

We stream through our Sony PS3. You could do the same with a laptop or tablet.

Cancelled my cable last Friday. Haven't missed it yet. My wife was all for it. We have Netflixs if we want to watch a movie on the PS3. Even with the Netflixs, I'm saving $100/month. That's $1200/yr!

Get the US Netflix by going to blockless.com, it's way better than the Canadian version. The first month is free and the it's $5 a month after that and you can cancel anytime and use it on any device. It's super easy to set up as well. Took me a total of 5 minutes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread