Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey guys, looking at changing rims this spring. Right now I have the original 17 and 18 inch magnesium rims on her, and am thinking of putting on after market chromed Z06 rims built for a C5, and was wondering if I will need to add spacers. i think if not the spokes may hit or come pretty dam close to the calipers. Any input would be helpful.

When I went looking for a 3mm (1/8") spacer I noticed that the BMW has the same 5x120 spacing as my C5. I just did a search on ebay and was able to find some that worked that way.

I only needed them for the front for my after market stringray (not C6 Z06) rims because the spokes were really close to the calipers...really depends on the rims. Test fit them and see how they look but likely have much more room with the smaller calipers in the back.

Typically if a wheel is an aftermarket repo for a C5, then we won't need spacers to fit the wheels. However, you can add a small spacer for peace of mind as Hemicat suggested. When I installed the C7 wheels on my Corvette, I added a 20mm spacer on the rear to bring the wheels back out. Now they are flush with the rear fenders and I love it!

So Riley, are the calipers larger in the front than the backs, had quite a few older vettes, so this is my first C5, boy what a difference, and still learning about these beautiful machines. The wheels I am looking at are the ones Z16 Jim has for sale. He has a fixed roof Z06 and the replica wheels he had on are the C5 size , 17x18 so do think I may need spacers for the front, because of the bigger calipers? Right now I have the original magnesium rims on her, in beautiful shape. I just really do not want to have to put adapters on the hubs and start cutting the threaded studs. Thanks for your input...JSH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.