Aug 13, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2019 Z06
Province
ON
Help! I am a relatively new C7 Z06 corvette owner since 2019 and had a distraction in parking lot and damaged one of my exposed carbon fibre rocker moldings. Can anyone suggest a good source for source OEM replacement for Passenger side exposed carbon fibre rocker molding. Part # is 84123011. I turned too sharp at low speed in a parking lot, caught a bullnose curb and it is scraped and cracked longitudinally after folding over. It's tough stuff but not unbreakable for sure.

Many thanks to anyone with a suggestion. (jokes are fine too, since I deserve it for being distracted.)

BKNBLK19 (John)

Help! I am a relatively new C7 Z06 corvette owner since 2019 and had a distraction in parking lot and damaged one of my exposed carbon fibre rocker moldings. Can anyone suggest a good source for source OEM replacement for Passenger side exposed carbon fibre rocker molding. Part # is 84123011. I turned too sharp at low speed in a parking lot, caught a bullnose curb and it is scraped and cracked longitudinally after folding over. It's tough stuff but not unbreakable for sure.

Many thanks to anyone with a suggestion. (jokes are fine too, since I deserve it for being distracted.)

BKNBLK19 (John)
Ebay usually has some CF rockers... C7Carbon.com is another option. Either way US $ and shipping come into play. Good luck.

Insurance is not an option for sourcing this via claim process ??? Just curious.

Contact Exotic Car Gear directly to see if they can source/fabricate one for you.
This was my source for real exposed carbon fibre.
They did tell me they can fabricate any part for me … absolutely costly but you will get a match for what you pay for.
I sure did (posted in winter add on thread) 😁👍🏻 ... you might end up having to buy a pair ... but that's for your discussion with them.
www.exoticcargear.com

Last edited:
I'd try to source a take off piece somewhere or as suggested getting a new oem piece. The exposed CF is terrible for matching up with the aftermarket (trust me I know) so I'd suggest oem no matter what direction you go or be able to confirm it indeed matches with what you already have on your car. Either way it will be $$$

Thanks all who replied. I ordered OEM through third party and am still waiting. Since July 27 With no fulfilment ETA.

Yesterday, I sent a request to ACS composites for info on purchase of one side only. Yes indeed it is/will be an expensive bump. Could have been worse though.

To be truthful, I’m paranoid anywhere near a curb now, esp. in parking lots. Never felt that way in an entire lifetime.

Thanks all who replied. I ordered OEM through third party and am still waiting. Since July 27 With no fulfilment ETA.

Yesterday, I sent a request to ACS composites for info on purchase of one side only. Yes indeed it is/will be an expensive bump. Could have been worse though.

To be truthful, I’m paranoid anywhere near a curb now, esp. in parking lots. Never felt that way in an entire lifetime.
You paranoia is the result of curbophobia complicated by parkophobia sometimes accompanied by chronic scrapedrimophobia and or chippedpaintitis. It is a common affliction among corvette owners. The only cure is to not use the car, which, would drive you crazy and its way better to be paranoid than crazy.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Hi, I just got my 2017 Z06 with the Z07 exposed carbon fiber package and my passenger side skirt is pretty damaged. Did you ever find a OEM replacement or am i better to look at C7 carbon for a carbon fiber look side skirt to replace it ? I am assuming I likely need to replace both sides so they match ?

I would try a dealership for one that matches. If that fails, ACS composites out of Montreal has what they say is the OEM production exposed CF for the Z06. Like previous posts here comment, they will sell one side but they aren't cheap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread