AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
Travelled from Kentucky to Denver last night and had an opportunity to learn a few things about the Z06 that I didn't know...

1. If you change to Info and Fuel Range on your dash, it will have an icon in the top right that tells you if your Z06 is in V8 or V4 mode. V4 mode only clicks in on the down hill and there is no appreciable fuel savings long distance whatsoever.

2. Crossing time zones makes your Nav and time go a bit wonky. I observed that, in changing from Eastern to Central to Mountain, the time left to destination actually increased by an hour...rather than decreasing. The clock was a bit late to change zones as well. This all fixed itself when we filled and the car was restarted.

3. Mileage... My average mileage for this entire trip so far (1243 miles) is 21.8mpg and this includes my aggressive driving through the Shanandoahs, BRP, Tail and the Smokies, along with the fact that much of my trip is 10mph over the limit...so 85 mph on average. V4 mode does not click in above 80mph.

My mileage at 80mph averages out to 21.7mpg, 75 mph it jumps to 25mpg and if I hold it at 60 mph this thing will level off at an incredible 27.9mpg. These totals were determined with air on always and over a period of 200 miles each. Wow!!

Last but not least engine and oil temps always around 192 mark except when we were at Bowling Green and the temp hit 100 outside...I saw the engine get up to 201 and oil get up to 209 as we traveled back to Florence.

In Denver this morning getting free oil change...

Les, great numbers for a hot rod like yours and over 600 pony's to boot. When you get to B.C. are you planing to come on the Island. If you do let me know and I'll get our group together for a cruise with you.
Cheers Rob

Most definitely hoping to get to the Island as I have yet to be there and two other Vets that I served with are there....so.....

Got to play a bit in Utah today...long straight well paved roads with 80mph limit!

Interesting.

I couldn't get eco mode to kick in v4 in 7th gear on my m7 z06. Was trying to hold 120kph average using cruise control on relatively flat driving and it would not kick in. I downshifted to 6th and was able to get v4 mode, but after driving around in it, I found that at the same speed 7th gear v8 had better mileage than 6th gear v4 mode. I could barely break 9l/ 100km vs the 7.5l/100km I had in 7th gear.

Reactions: ddgermann
Interesting.

I couldn't get eco mode to kick in v4 in 7th gear on my m7 z06. Was trying to hold 120kph average using cruise control on relatively flat driving and it would not kick in. I downshifted to 6th and was able to get v4 mode, but after driving around in it, I found that at the same speed 7th gear v8 had better mileage than 6th gear v4 mode. I could barely break 9l/ 100km vs the 7.5l/100km I had in 7th gear.

Agreed. I have done a similar test on my 15 and 17 M7 Z06s. It is a joke. Think we all know it was forced upon GM to get the car inside some hocus pocus emissions criteria. Fortunately with the M7 and never using "Eco Mode" it isn't something I think about or ever have to deal with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread