BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Woke up pretty early this morning. Weather was a nice 13 degrees. Decided to get some more kilometres on the dial.

So,after some toast and peaches with a side of yogurt,it was off to the gas station and some 94 octane at $1.22.9 a ltr.

First stop was at the Castle Mountain Chalets for a bathroom break and a refill on my H2O.

81BA66FC-F581-4A76-B79A-A06EBE5562BE.jpeg

89735A3F-FB28-4D81-B99B-04F10CB62B49.jpeg

From there it was a left turn from here for a short distance to Morant’s Curve hoping for a train. Spent 2.5 hrs there and not a thing other than a group of Elk fording the Bow River and this utility truck. 2 guys spent about 10 mins pounding spikes or the rail. Not sure. They were making a lot of noise though.

I also chatted with a young couple from Sweden here who were bonkers over the Corvette. They have a 12 year old son who had stayed home because of school starting. I guess he’s quite the fan of North American cars. Loves Vettes,Vipers and Mustangs. They took about 20 pics or so. I also gave them my you tube channel for him to check out.
43CCEA62-2DB1-44C9-816F-1D235E340CD0.jpeg

After a relaxing stay here I ventured up to the Lake Louise ski area day lodge. Oh the memories from working here in the 80s. The gondola is running and was not too busy actually. Could be the price to ride up and down maybe.

219FAA2A-845C-4766-8BA3-99ACC356FEE8.jpeg

After going downstairs to the cafe for a burger and fries,I wandered around the lodge and came across this exhibit. Now this was pretty cool.

42408B12-E82F-4E31-9CEF-DBDD0E4834A8.jpeg
966AFD14-BB59-4999-A705-21E1714BD17C.jpeg

After checking this guy out it was outside for a little look around at how much as changed from the 80s......Not much has changed from the 80s.

Last edited:
Here’s the most dominant mountain in the area. Mt Temple at 3544 metres above sea level or 11627 feet. The ice on the summit has been measured at an average of 120 feet thick.

Every now and then one will be fortunate to see a block the size of a city transit bus break free and tumble into Paradise valley. I’ve only seen that happen once and it was one of the loudest cracks I’ve ever heard.

And a 180 degree panorama mode pic.

760AED71-7713-4D49-8CCC-E12FA613AF0D.jpeg
3D5E449A-8D77-43EF-ABB3-119D95D0C2C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Mikey your travel stories are alway so entertaining. Thanks for posting up your adventure. :thumbs:
Thanks Murray. I’ll get that Rocky Mountaineer coming eastbound yet 😉. Hopefully next week sometime.

I got a couple of pamphlets and a small sticker in the mail tomorrow for you. Still have your address so I’m good there.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Woke up pretty early this morning. Weather was a nice 13 degrees. Decided to get some more kilometres on the dial.

So,after some toast and peaches with a side of yogurt,it was off to the gas station and some 94 octane at $1.22.9 a ltr.

First stop was at the Castle Mountain Chalets for a bathroom break and a refill on my H2O.

View attachment 31098

View attachment 31118

From there it was a left turn from here for a short distance to Morant’s Curve hoping for a train. Spent 2.5 hrs there and not a thing other than a group of Elk fording the Bow River and this utility truck. 2 guys spent about 10 mins pounding spikes or the rail. Not sure. They were making a lot of noise though.

I also chatted with a young couple from Sweden here who were bonkers over the Corvette. They have a 12 year old son who had stayed home because of school starting. I guess he’s quite the fan of North American cars. Loves Vettes,Vipers and Mustangs. They took about 20 pics or so. I also gave them my you tube channel for him to check out.
View attachment 31099

After a relaxing stay here I ventured up to the Lake Louise ski area day lodge. Oh the memories from working here in the 80s. The gondola is running and was not too busy actually. Could be the price to ride up and down maybe.

View attachment 31100

After going downstairs to the cafe for a burger and fries,I wandered around the lodge and came across this exhibit. Now this was pretty cool.

View attachment 31101View attachment 31102

After checking this guy out it was outside for a little look around at how much as changed from the 80s......Not much has changed from the 80s.

Great Pics Mikey. Beautiful country in a beautiful car.

• Agree
Reactions: MikeysZ06
The one thing that’s inconvenient now is that if you’re not in one of the 4 main lake Louise Chateau parking lots by 9/10 am,you’ll have to drive back eastbound on Hwy 1 for about 5 kms to the overflow lot and take the shuttle back.

The traffic at the hotel is absolutely insane even now after labour day.

C6CF81C9-A7CD-4EA4-A47A-45E72FD742BE.png
C37AA698-E04A-4971-B32B-636CA3A86E18.png

You can kinda judge the distance to the lake by this wider shot. The overflow lot is at the bottom of the pic right above the cool 4 degrees showing. And,that lot looked to have a couple of hundred cars in it as well.

36E28383-09F5-4CE1-AB10-CD3753CC5BC8.jpeg

Last edited:
The one thing that’s inconvenient now is that if you’re not in one of the 4 main lake Louise Chateau parking lots by 9/10 am,you’ll have to drive back eastbound on Hwy 1 for about 5 kms to the overflow lot and take the shuttle back.

The traffic at the hotel is absolutely insane even now after labour day.

View attachment 31126View attachment 31127
You brought your drone?

@MikeysZ06 shared one of his drives with a few of us who could join him in mid August. It was a real good experience considering it being his first for considering having people following him. It was an excellent trip - we all adapted well as we drove through the Kananaskis. I know I messed up joining in for the dinner wrap up, thinking I had a couple of hours time to travel back and enjoy one of the stops a bit more.
He has another day trip planned in s few weeks to Radium. It’s on my calendar, hoping to join in and just enjoy whatever the day offers to enhance what really matters ... driving in the Corvette camaraderie.
Always appreciate your solo cruising teases of what what might make for a future cruising experience. 😁👍🏻

@MikeysZ06 shared one of his drives with a few of us who could join him in mid August. It was a real good experience considering it being his first for considering having people following him. It was an excellent trip - we all adapted well as we drove through the Kananaskis. I know I messed up joining in for the dinner wrap up, thinking I had a couple of hours time to travel back and enjoy one of the stops a bit more.
He has another day trip planned in s few weeks to Radium. It’s on my calendar, hoping to join in and just enjoy whatever the day offers to enhance what really matters ... driving in the Corvette camaraderie.
Always appreciate your solo cruising teases of what what might make for a future cruising experience. 😁👍🏻
Thanks to both you and Freda coming out. So happy you got to see the wildlife which most missed. All in all,The day turned out good I thought. All the right people showed up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread