Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
Ordering a Soler throttle body next week. Everything I've read about this should alleviate the lag from the initial response of the C7. I'll update this post once installed and the car has learned the new air flow.

Ordering a Soler throttle body next week. Everything I've read about this should alleviate the lag from the initial response of the C7. I'll update this post once installed and the car has learned the new air flow.
I installed the Soler throttle body today. It took about 20 minutes because the Halltech carbon tube is not flexible so I had a little trouble with the last bolt. Attached are photos of the Soler product and the OEM throttle body. The quality of the Soler is quite obvious.
D9609FF2-F9FA-4978-93EE-2D603502B11C.jpeg
CAFC48A3-0375-41E7-A2C2-C463F9DAE914.jpeg
465A7A54-F8B4-42A7-A2CF-52B55CB93273.jpeg

Just installed it tonight. Unhooked the battery for 8 hours as per the instructions to let the ECM relearn. I'll take it out tomorrow and see what difference, if any. The feedback has been quite positive from those that have swapped out the OEM unit.

Took the car for a quick spin. Started a little louder but settled after 10 seconds.
It seems to pull better just using the clutch. Found into the garage I would normally have to apply some gas. Not this time. Clutch did the work and shifting was smoother. More info to come as I get to drive on the highway.

I took the car out today and was able to get a decent read on the Soler TB. I am not a mechanic, but I do have some understanding (hopefully) of how the unit works and why. The throttle response was improved. Normally I would have to push the pedal about 1/4 to 1/3 before the car would wake up. Now it is almost instantaneous. Much less travel with the pedal and a much better response, and sooner response from the car. It feels lighter and the HP comes sooner rather then waiting to hit 3000 rpm before a noticeable difference. This is one of the better and simpler mods I have done. For those who have not looked into this TB, I suggest a informative read at Soler Performance. Mike is the owner and provides exceptional customer service. Now I'm going to gloat and enjoy my ride.
:cool:

Last edited:
Sounds like a worth while upgrade, I'm going to order one for myself and sell the Sprint booster I've had sitting in the box of over a year. I might have the same Halltech issue?
Anyone looking for a new never used Sprint Booster?

Went on a 60 km highway cruise. My average mileage was 6.5 L/100 km. Prior to the install I was getting around 8 L/100 km on the same highway, same speed, same load. I am quite pleased with this new mod.
Your review sounds quite impressive. Where did you purchase and cost?

The Halltech air intake tube was in the way of getting the last bolt lined up with my MSD intake. If you have a stock intake, you should not have any issue with the bolts.

Your review sounds quite impressive. Where did you purchase and cost?
I purchases it from Soler Performance or the company name may be Soler Engineering. The owner is Mike, fantastic customer service. If you're not happy with the unit, he'll give you a full refund and pay for the shipping back. My cost in Can $525 and I keep the OEM throttle body. He also offers a exchange program, so he'll modify your own TB. Their website goes over all the info. and R & D with graphs and detailed explanation of how and why their TB works. It was a pleasure finding a company that works with the customer and stands behind their product as well as he does. I hope you enjoy the mod.

I purchases it from Soler Performance or the company name may be Soler Engineering. The owner is Mike, fantastic customer service. If you're not happy with the unit, he'll give you a full refund and pay for the shipping back. My cost in Can $525 and I keep the OEM throttle body. He also offers a exchange program, so he'll modify your own TB. Their website goes over all the info. and R & D with graphs and detailed explanation of how and why their TB works. It was a pleasure finding a company that works with the customer and stands behind their product as well as he does. I hope you enjoy the mod.
Thanks for the quick reply tyjo. I think I am convinced and will have to try one. I agree the lag is very apparent on the M7. Looking forward to seeing the real results.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.