Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
yes after a few months of not being completely happy unloaded the Chevy for a 2018 ford today

picked it up at noon and took it for a drive
nice

more later and I might still go and meet up with you folks but not as much as not sure I would be as welcome

More later once I have eaten supper. 😂😜🤫🤭🤔👿

yes after a few months of not being completely happy unloaded the Chevy for a 2018 ford today

nice

more later and I might still go and meet up with you folks but not as much as not sure I would be as welcome

Initiating ban in 3..2..1? :laughbig:

nice

:tearz:
@Jeffer2013
You typed "ford" and "chevy" in reverse positions ... right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Shined up Red Rider today, not as stealth as the Corvette but sure works well for towing and winter driving. Threw in a pic of my 69 Nova that I miss dearly. Supercharged 502 on nitrous, was a handful to say the least!

Attachments

• 20190425_154036.jpg
    20190425_154036.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190425_154019.jpg
    20190425_154019.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 39
  • REARNOVA20160225_131438_resized_2.jpg
    REARNOVA20160225_131438_resized_2.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 37
Chevy Colorado 2018 ZR2 edition 6 month road test

As some of you may know we bought a 2018 ZR2 in the fall of 2018 brand new from an Alberta dealership. Well that truck has come and gone. Below is a review of the ownership period and the highlights of said vehicle.

• The windshield cracked on the second trip we had it and that appears normal for us
  • We had it for almost 5000 kms and it averaged 20 mpg since new as the odometer meter was not changed
  • After driving it home it needed a bath as the wide tires fling dirt, mud & rain onto the side of the truck, a lot. Even driving to get out of our small oilfield town causes you to have to go back to the car wash, not seen anything like that before, & hope to never again
  • Any water or dust on the road tends to fly up between the door handle and the body getting your hands dirty just trying to enter the vehicle, not kidding
  • When seated in the driver’s seat the steering wheel does not come up enough and I am short of stature
  • The driver’s door cup holder is very small and there is almost nowhere to put anything, except 2 snot-rags of Kleenex after blowing your nose
  • The seat back has manual adjustments that are very long for each adjustment, a ford has twice as many, so I could not get the back adjusted properly unless wearing a sweater or a light jacket
  • (broken seat before I got it as the dealer said no warranty on seat adjustment even after showing them)
  • Entry steps were replaced but very high necessitating grabbing the steering wheel to get into the truck and sit downward onto the seat, very high and higher than my f350
  • No grab handles on the driver’s side but on the passenger side and the dealer did not know if they could swap the a pillar or order one for the driver’s side, I did not bother to follow up just traded the truck
  • The automatic floor shifter was out of a 65 mustang I kid you not, garbage indeed & ½ inch of travel which the dealer said “it could be worse”
  • No between the seats storage and none on the console
  • Info screen blank at times and always worked when in the dealers parking lot, darn
  • Outside mirrors were small and the convex was a joke

On the plus side the navigation was terrific; the light bar on top the cab worked wonderfully and lit up the ditch and sides of the road as if it was daylight even though they were 2 small light bars. The tailgate had a shock in it so came down without help very slowly, nice.

BUT the engine had 200 horsepower and was garbage to accelerate. It sounded like a sewing machine and had no power to pass, almost at a dangerous level.

Now the WORST FEATURE THE AUTOMATIC WAS ALWAYS HUNTING FOR A GEAR, AT 100 OR 110 OR 90 OR 120 IT WAS TERRIBLE.

IT WOULD GEAR DOWN AT THE SLIGHTEST OF AN INCLINE

IT WOULD GEAR WOEN AT THE SLIGHTEST OF AN INCLINE

REPEAT THIS TEN TIMES, the gearing is absolute garbage. You could not only feel the shift but it scooted the back end out in the wintertime, quite unsafe and one would need 1000 pounds of weight in the back to stop any movement.

The tranny was always working back and forth, and the dealer said what did you expect? For a small engine.

Now coming from a F350 diesel to this grocery getter as I age did not go well, as you can see.

So I traded the bad girl off on a new F150 2018 same year.

The ford has a 2.7, super cab, 4 by 4, XLT so comparable in price. The 2019 ZR2 in my hometown has the exact model I have to the same option and has listed for 55000 plus tax, and 1000 off. OK then.

I traded for the F150 plus 3000 of accessories, plus $100 on my ford account, a free oil change for the wife’s car, 20 percent off any other accessories for a month, a free new key with programming for a third key, (always have a third key),

AND THEY CUT A CHEQUE FOR 250 BUCKS, HOW IS THAT SOUP FANS.

The Chevy was 15 % off in the fall and a couple thousand discounts for me enabled me to trade the pig off and not lose much in the deal. To get a 3000 more expensive vehicle that met all my needs, for this value and get a cheque was a win for the little guy6 for a change.

So hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did. To those considering getting a smaller grocery getter to park in Wally world or crappy tire easier, DON’T JUST PARK FURTHER AWAY AND TAKE A RIDE SHARE TO THE MALL IF NECESSARY.

Later eh stig eh

PART 2

The tires were quite noisy on the test drive but will get worse as they wear, as there is no real noise insulation I found out later on the net,

The accelerator pedal is REAL CLOSE TO THE TUNNEL, so much so that you have to cant your foot at an odd angle in order to drive the truck, see for yourself at a local dealer near you, quite disconcerting

OK what about a test drive, yes took one out for 45 minutes down to the local rifle range, mostly pavement except the last 2 miles.
Noticed the lack of power somewhat, the gas pedal to close to the tunnel, the dirt on the door handle, the tranny hunting for a gear,
BUT THOUGHT I COULD LIVE WITH IT AS THE F350 was just way to big,

Guess I was wrong, completely wrong and the new F150 fits the bill for me,
Not saying the Colorado is garbage just not for me and watch what you do on the test drive,
Got too excited on the trade in and net difference of only 6 grand from a 2011 F350 to the Colorado, should have waited a week or rented a Colorado

This truck is fine if you want to be swarmed by young uns at the local gas station and beer emporium, but not for me.

Later eh

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I hear ya loud and clear Jeff ...
Coming from Calgary, I do have to
say that the Colorado and the Avalanche
Are the worst sellers right now 😡

Last edited:
Funny, I just sold my F150 great truck, but to big don't need that anymore. Bought a new Ranger, had it a month now. Not at all like the old Ranger. Very happy with it .

Reactions: Dantanman
Funny, I just sold my F150 great truck, but to big don't need that anymore. Bought a new Ranger, had it a month now. Not at all like the old Ranger. Very happy with it .

had 2 rangers in 1990 and 1995
good trucks used them as commuter trucks
68 miles one way to work miled them out

was waiting for a ranger but did not want to wait any longer and they were going to be very close to msrp

chevy looked neat but did not work out

will drive the new ranger later this summer but happy with the f150

Good to hear. I'll be watching as saw a new ranger at the dealership the other day and thought the same thing.... Nice looker and sure don't need the F250 diesel anymore. Although people at the intersections do thank me for diesel fogging the mosquitoes for them... At least I think they are thanking me. ea2e84b451db8cdd10a995e999547b2d.gif.... o_O

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.