This is a question that is asked frequently when installing aftermarket components. The simple answer is "yes" but only if it can be proven that the component caused the specific failure. The chances of the Soler TC actually causing a problem are virtually none. I've had one installed for the past 3 years and it functions perfectly, is simple to install and just as easy to remove, if necessary. Some will take it out prior to going to the dealer for service but, given that it has an OEM setting, that's really not necessary unless you have a specific throttle related problem. As far as I know there is no trace code left in the ECU once removed because there are no code or program changes made by the TC. It simply changes the input signal sent by the throttle pedal rheostat.

Bottom line, the likelihood of the Soler TC causing any sort of failure is almost nil. I have never had or heard of any problems that could be traced to this excellent product and the manufacturers after sales service is outstanding. I would recommend this device without hesitation. It's also the perfect companion to the Soler ported throttle body.

Reactions: GrandSport17
I have had the same experience as cdnrx1, with the Soler BT unit. I love it ! no problems at all. Just a not though I have only used it for 3 months. There may still be a discount for it if you use the code RWDC8, not sure if it is still active.

For anyone interested, here's a past thread on these Forums related to the Solar Throttle Controller:

I recently installed one in my 2023 C8 Z51 and I'm enjoying it. I had fun with one part of the install and figured out:

-it was LOTS easier to access and work with the OEM harness behind the gas pedal assembly, by removing the gas pedal assembly (10 mm bolt, "hidden" below a small squarish rubber cover next to the gas pedal). Once the bolt was out, you pull the base of the gas pedal assembly towards the rear of the car, to detach the pedal assembly from the floorboard area
-***to pull apart the OEM male/female harnesses, after pulling up the red "locking tab", ***you needed to press down on the black "tab" which covered the small red locking tab mechanism***. That was the key for me, allowing me to pull them apart. I also found that first practicing on the male/female harnesses supplied by Solar, was helpful (ie. joining them together, then pulling them apart, before working with the OEM harnesses)
-like many others, I didn't leave the small screen installed in the vehicle. I used it the one time, to "pair" the throttle control to my SmartPhone, then since then, I use the phone only
-I hid all the wiring and related components, by stowing them in the cavity behind the gas pedal assembly, which you access through the cut in the carpet
-others did the same, however I noted one person who ran the wire that hooks up to the screen, under the carpet, exiting just to the right of the driver's right knee. That way you could later easily hook up the screen to the wire, if your SmartPhone fails and you need to reprogram it or if you want to sell the car with the Throttle Control and allow the buyer to pair the Throttle Control to his/her SmartPhone. It saves you removing the gas pedal assembly, then fishing the wire out of the cavity. The only downside is having the wire connector visible near the driver's right knee, if someone were to look in that area. So if you want the Solar Throttle Control to be totally "invisible", you tuck 100% of the wiring out of sight.

I've set mine at "Sport 5" and so far, that's working well for me. Hope this helps anyone looking to do this install. Cheers!

Reactions: GrandSport17
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.