This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

So you want to build a '67 L-88, eh?

67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
You'll need this piece (and a ton of others).
Corvette 1967 L88 Hood Cold Air Plenum Duct 427 BB | eBay

Note that the piece they're selling is missing one or two inches off the front. They still want $600 for it. LOL

This is what it looks like on a car.

Now that you have that piece, you'll need several hundred other unusual and rare pieces to finish your "L-88 tribute" car.

Mind you, one of the real 20 1967 L-88 cars sold for $1.7 million, so it may be worth it.

Last edited:
Now for the ignorant questions:

Is there a lot of room for air flow? It looks pretty tight from the photos....even though I know it probably isn't. Pretty cool that it actually seals the top against the hood aaaaaaaand lastly, how do you change the filter? It looks like the plenum duct is glued into place or is it just a friction fit?

There are no ignorant questions.

I haven't noticed any lack of air flow. If it were any faster, I'd be wearing Depends.

It's easy to 'wash' the filter. With care, the metal screen pops through the opening, allowing me to remove the foam element to wash it.

So with the above piece of fibreglass ($600) and this road draft tube ($1,200),
1967 Corvette L88 Crankcase Vent Road Draft Tube | Crankcase Vent Tubes & Elbows | Corvette Parts and Accessories
we've got a passage for air coming into the engine, and tube for gases leaving, and we're already approaching $2,000.

Multiply this by 100 (if you already have a decent non-L88 1967 Corvette) and we're getting close to what it will cost to build a proper tribute (clone). And, it still won't be the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread