Black Vettes Matter
Regular
Dec 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z51 Owner
Province
MB
No I don't have before and after pics so if that kills the mood move on lol.

Since they have marketed the hell out of this stuff and made some pretty wild claims about never having to wash your car (with soap) again ( and my wife wanted it) I bought a bottle. I haven't waxed the car since last year and there was no residual wax left over so that's step one.

Did a good wash of the car and dried it off. F11 goes on like any other spray wax, few shots, wipe it with a clean chamois then go over it again with a dry one. Did the whole car, glass included. Shine was really good but similar to other stuff you can get a lot cheaper a walmart, but I was more interested in seeing how water beads and how long that will go on for.

I left the car sit in the garage another 48 hours giving time to "cure" then applied a second coat, then gave another 24 hours to set up. Drove it to work the following day where I have a gravel parking lot, by the end of the day the car was covered by dust as usual and also have some bird droppings. F11 claims bird dropping can be wiped off with a rag, nope. Pretty much had to use my fingernail to get it off. After a 45 min hwy drive home the car still had a good layer of dust on it, kinda hope it would have blown on during the drive but it didn't. I took the car for its first wash yesterday. Not using any soap or wax all I did was rinse the car with a high pressure hose. Spent $1 and that was enough to rinse the entire car, I was very impressed with the water beading, never dried it off and did the 45 min hwy drive home. Miniml water spots and the car still looked really good.

So in conclusion I am only a week into it and haven't driven in the rain yet. I'm on the fence about buying more, two coats took about half a bottle $60USD so I will still use the rest on it, I've heard some guys put well over 10 coats on. Its work good, $60usd good I'm not sure yet.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
I’ve never used a product where dust would “blow off” while driving.......although I wish it would. Try a product called bead maker......cheap and amazing results. A bottle runs about $15. Very very impressed with it. Can do my car in about 10 minutes. Was just at the track this week and had multiple guys asking “what I done to the paint”.....

Last edited:
Being in the detailing business for a good amount of time, I've had this question come up several times. F11 is so heavily marketed on Facebook but fails to make an appearance on any good detailing forum, threads and even in an detailing shop environment. After having to write this time and time again when clients email me I've drafted this comment:

It's basically a silicone and carrier solvent. That's it. It would provide very little, if any protection. For use as a quick detailer or similar it would be okay and that really is all it would be good for. I base this off of the SDS sheet. The ingredients are polydimethylsiloxane (silicone) and Alcohol ethaxylates (mild cleaner and carrier solvent) that helps it evaporate quickly. The product is made by Ducora, Inc, not its own brand or anything by any means.

They do market the crap out of that stuff. Thanks for the scoop Toxix!

I completely understand services being advertised on Facebook and Instagram, but the moment I see products being advertised I become reluctant.
If they haven't made it to any basic detail shop, there are questions to be asked.

• Informative
I completely understand services being advertised on Facebook and Instagram, but the moment I see products being advertised I become reluctant.
If they haven't made it to any basic detail shop, there are questions to be asked.

Is there a product that's available to the general public that you would recommend?

Is there a product that's available to the general public that you would recommend?

Optimum, Meguiar's, CarPro, Menzerna's product lines have been tried and tested for several years now.
Once you start getting into Ceramic Coatings things to tend to get a little bit different because some detailers and waxes don't play well with some coatings, best to keep products in the family at that point.

• Informative
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.