Interesting. I guess it is just too dry here to get any real snow....which is good as I don't have to shovel much.....but bad as I like going out to bury my truck, then dig it out, and bury it again!.....but not much around to play in yet unlike a couple years ago when I was pushing snow with the Jimmy.

2012-03-06125012.jpg

The snow squall machine has set up over us the past 24 hours and we are getting hit pretty good. We've had a good 8 inches of snow today alone. I blew the drive out at 4pm and it's already filling in. Calling for 30 to 60 cm if a squall gets locked in over us. :eek:

OOOOO that's bad Greg -- Stay safe and warm for now until it blows over.

Keep the blower handy.

Here it's just cold and a little snow. Biting wind just about kills you -- the dogs don't like walking in this weather so we huddle together at home and make do with the back yard until it warms a little.

C.

OOOOO that's bad Greg -- Stay safe and warm for now until it blows over.

Keep the blower handy.

Here it's just cold and a little snow. Biting wind just about kills you -- the dogs don't like walking in this weather so we huddle together at home and make do with the back yard until it warms a little.

C.

Well, it looks like a snow day here for the kids. All buses are cancelled from Wasaga Beach to Port Elgin and all the way up the Bruce Peninsula including the in town school buses. It's been snowing most of the night and it still hasn't let up. Not going to get the car today which is a good thing.

we got about a foot overnight. even though i can't stand cold and snow anymore it is a boon to the local economy. this has always been an economically depressed area and many local business's need the winter tourism crowd to stay afloat. we used to plow drag strips out on the lake and have a ball. back in the day if you could tweak the machine to get it to pull a "c" note, you had bragging rights. tubing behind the sleds was a hoot too. nowadays i just wish for early springtime. :D

we got about a foot overnight. even though i can't stand cold and snow anymore it is a boon to the local economy. this has always been an economically depressed area and many local business's need the winter tourism crowd to stay afloat. we used to plow drag strips out on the lake and have a ball. back in the day if you could tweak the machine to get it to pull a "c" note, you had bragging rights. tubing behind the sleds was a hoot too. nowadays i just wish for early springtime. :D

Yeah, the sledders will be happy. I checked the radar about 30 minutes ago and there was a streamer from Sauble Beach to Barrie and all the way down to Peterborough. Quite impressive when you think about the power of nature.

Funny as we get older how we don't care for the cold and snow anymore. Way back in the day I spent a lot of time in Bracebridge. So much so I started just leaving my machine up there. Jane and I would battle the 400 and Hwy 11 every weekend. Drove though many a bad storm. And at the time I loved it. Now I want to spend the winter in a place that is warm. But until Jane can retire I guess I am stuck in hibernation.

Wow you guys are hit hard up there......not nice for travelling but as you say the sledders and skiers are happy.

Feel as you do Brian: the older I get the more I like the warm -- used to love winter -- skiing skating sledding but now it's a much different story.

Roll on Spring for sure.

C.

Funny as we get older how we don't care for the cold and snow anymore. Way back in the day I spent a lot of time in Bracebridge. So much so I started just leaving my machine up there. Jane and I would battle the 400 and Hwy 11 every weekend. Drove though many a bad storm. And at the time I loved it. Now I want to spend the winter in a place that is warm. But until Jane can retire I guess I am stuck in hibernation.

Very true. Having just turned 40 I have little tolerance to the cold and snow anymore. I still enjoy doing a lot of snowmobiling up in the muskokas, but the daily struggle with winter wears thin real fast now.

Drove to Toronto for the Leaf game yesterday. Took over 3.5 hours to get downtown. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.