Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (61).png
Screenshot (60).png

works great...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I used a Gilmour one but I think they are pretty much all the same, or very similar. I did a video of it for my channel. The one thing I can say about these guns is they can go through product really quick, I mean really fast. That 4 litre jug in the post above can be burned off in just a few cars (like 2 on high setting). So you want to set them to the lower setting. It dries pretty quick. They are great, but to be honest I don't use it that often. Take a look at my vid, the temp was mild. I definately would not do on a hot day in the sun.

I really would like to hear from others who use one. Any precautions you have to take? How quick does it dry?

Murray I have been using one for a few years. I got it online somewhere. Corvette Mods I think but can't remember.

Above is similar to what I do. Hose the car down and blow on the foam. It runs down the car and gently pulls off the dust. Then a good garden hose rinse and the car is clean and ready for a wipedown. (black) For me this method minimizes my hands scrubbing on the paint and keeps the high-pressure washer away from the car. I will use the washer on the wheels and stuff underneath but it's only a el-cheapo Home Depot thing so not too much danger there anyway. Try not to do it in the direct sunlight if possible as you will have no time for a beer in the process if your car is not shaded.
@V8! is correct they will blow through a ton of soap quickly. The cannon I got has different size orifices you can install easily to adjust the amount of foam you want. As far as the soap goes I buy the 20L pails of the pink stuff at NAPA and it works fine for my black car. I have some of the expensive stuff from various manufacturers but only use it for handwashing occasionally. (bugs mostly)
Now many folks swear by some of the "chem guys" stuff but I haven't tried it as I have been happy with the NAPA crap. It's pink and smells good... haha

I use the Simoniz Universal Foam Blaster available at Canadian Tire. For soap I use the Chemical Guys Mr. Pink. The process is as mentioned above. Wet the car first then apply the foam, but then I use a micro fiber wash mitt to wipe down the entire vehicle then rinse off the soap. I then pull the car into the garage out of the sun and dry the car with micro fiber towels.
I use my pressure washer to wet the car, apply the soap and then rinse it off. I use the 25 degree nozzle so there is not a lot of pressure on the finish but more than enough to get into the wheel wells or the wheels - with brake dust issues- and get them cleaned up.
As for soap consumption, 2 cap fulls into the 1 litre blaster bottle and the rest filled with water is enough to do both my C7 and my wife's Caddy XT4 and the suds are unbelievably thick. Looks like the car was in a snow storm. For pricey vehicles that run premium gas, a few extra cents for decent soap regardless of how much you use, is not really an issue in my opinion.
From experience what they show in the ads - apply the soap, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse does NOT work well. It leaves streaks and water spots. Wiping with a mitt, rinsing and then drying in the shade of a garage is the best approach for me.

• Informative
As mentioned above if you intend to ONLY spray on the foam then rinse off save your money...You still have to wash the car by hand..

That is simply your opinion. The reason I use the foam cannon to heavily coat down the car and let it mostly run off is to avoid touching the car and grinding dirt on the paint with the mitt. On a dusty black car this is all I need to do. Perhaps your car is dirtier when you wash it and requires more intervention.

Would like to see a picture of your Corvette that you are currently washing...

Last edited:
  • Wow
I just got a generic foam cannon off of Amazon, not to expensive about $25. from there I just use my Sunjoe electric pressure washer. I rinse, then use the foam cannon. let it run off with all the dust and particles, and give it a good rinse down. if its been a pretty dirty week or been awhile, I'll give it a good rinse and wash with my hands. But typically just foaming the car is fine.

Don't forget! always do the rims and tires first before working on the car. and always work in the shade or low cloudy day.

Products I use is Adams polishes and Gyeon. good stuff, experts use them a lot, really good products. a little expensive but worth it for me. Hope I was of some help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.