I don't usually like watching "car" movies, they manage to make them so silly somehow (Stallone's IRL movie for example) but this one looks like it might be worth a look. Rush might be another.

Love the old action shots and I would like to know the story behind these two racers. Thanks for the link Doug.

Last edited:
Agreed Doug. Should be a good one.
Read something about the trucks that they refurbished to make this film. And if memory has it correct, I think they sold these at Barret Jackson last month.
I remember these guys and their funny cars being at Cayuga back in the day. Good stuff.

I remember seeing their rivalry and races back in the day (including at the US Nationals) and enjoyed them immensely. Look forward to seeing the new movie. Should be a winner.

Great movie trailer.

C.

Was there for the whole duration of Toronto International Dragway when it was in existence. Snake and Mongoose visited many times and I used to have both their autographs on one of Don's Mattel business cards. Looking forward to seeing the movie too when it finally gets here.

Was there for the whole duration of Toronto International Dragway when it was in existence. Snake and Mongoose visited many times and I used to have both their autographs on one of Don's Mattel business cards. Looking forward to seeing the movie too when it finally gets here.

that was great track at georgetown rob, i used to love racing there. :D

When I was a kid in the early 70's I built a model of the Snake's funny car. I used to have the Hot Wheels car as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread