Feb 2, 2021
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 base roadster
Province
AB
Tomorrow I am going on a little road trip.
I plan on leaving Calgary around noon and will be heading west.
Not sure exactly where I’m going but think Revelstoke will be where I stop for the night.
On my return trip back home to Calgary I will be going south from Revelstoke on highway 23 to the ferry and will drive south to Nakusp where I will turn to the southeast and go to New Denver.
From New Denver I’ll head east through the silvery Slocan valley past all the old silver mines past Sandon to Kaslo.
From Kaslo south to the ferry and cross the lake and then drive through Creston on through Cranbrook,Fernie and then the Crowsnest and then North on the 22 back to Calgary.
I plan on being home Wednesday night or Thursday morning at the latest.

If anyone else in the forum would like to join me please reply to this thread.
Cheers

So I just got back home from my road trip.I did make a few changes.
Yesterday I drove Calgary to Revelstoke then went south down the 23 across the ferry onto Nakusp then drove to New Denver where I spent the night.
This morning I drove from New Denver to Kaslo then south to Ainsworth where I decided to turn around and go back to Kaslo and back to NewDenver.
Thats one fun highway.
From New Denver I drove to Nelson,Castlegar,Trail,Salmo,Creston,Cranbrook,Fernie through the Crowsnest then back to Calgary on the 22.
991miles. 1607km 23.9 mpg/9.8l/100km
Not bad fuel mileage for a superchargEd making 659 hp at the wheels.
Average speed for the trip was 59 mph.
Not a single issue or ticket 😉

Sounds like a great trip Dave. :thumbs: I have friends in Kaslo and have made that highway a couple times. It is fun. Especially when it's not too crowded. This time of year is perfect.

Reactions: smokindave
Twice I drove back and forth from New Denver and Kaslo and had no other traffic,I am downloading video as I type.

I did have one little issue as this was the first time out on the road with my Morrimoto headlights,damn lights are nice and bright but are adjusted to blind people coming at me.
lol.... gotta hate having those too high bright lights... Specially when you meet someone who has a set of aircraft landing lights mounted on the bumper of their truck.... :angelic::angelic::angelic:

I was torn between a C6 GS and the pricier 997.2 911 (Would have been nice have 2 more "seats" in the back for the kids...) - in the end cost of ownership and general simplicity of the C6 won the battle. That really is phenomenal fuel mileage for a supercharged car. We have only been on a couple of ~150km cruises and have managed 7.8L per 100km around the 65 mph mark just simply cruising/hypermilling

I have the morimoto's as well and they function exceptionally well but need an downward adjustment ;)

From New Denver I drove to Nelson,Castlegar,Trail,Salmo,Creston,Cranbrook,Fernie through the Crowsnest then back to Calgary on the 22.
991miles. 1607km 23.9 mpg/9.8l/100km
Not bad fuel mileage for a superchargEd making 659 hp at the wheels.
Average speed for the trip was 59 mph.

• Clever
Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.