Jan 14, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette C8
Province
ON
Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to let you all know that, sometimes, small town dealerships may be a better option when ordering a new corvette @ msrp. My path to C8 ownership began last July, after calling numerous dealers within the greater Toronto area, asking about their waiting lists and past allocation numbers, I learnt pretty quickly that I'd be waiting anywhere between 12-24 months. Feeling discouraged, I decided to call small town dealerships within a 200km radius outside Toronto. Long story short, without any connections, I placed my order with a small town dealership about 100 km from Toronto, last August. A month later, I got a call from the dealer saying they received an allocation and the only person before me passed. I was able to submit my build in September and had the car in my garage just before Christmas - a total of four months, which I believe is extremely quick.

To all those looking to purchase a new C8 - don't be hesitant to call as many small town dealers as possible. You may be able to cut your wait time down significantly!

Have a great weekend!

That's incredibly fortunate and really fast! Nice work. You'd be smart to place an E-Ray or Z06 allocation if affordable.
Thanks! a Z06 allocation would be amazing. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of my C8, I haven't had the opportunity to drive it since it was transported from the dealer, to my garage. It' s a huge upgrade coming from a 2008 C6, even though I sold it with only 30,000 km.

Last edited:
Yes the small town dealers are great, if you can talk them in to selling to you.

They seem to like selling close to home so they can get the service work and get you on your next purchase.

Had to go about a hundred miles up the island.

What a great purchase experience. Extremely friendly. Made us feel like part of the family.

Look what followed me home yesterday....

2023 HTC, 3LT, Z51 in stock and specced out by all in the dealership at MSRP.

Reactions: 23VetteC8
Some day I will get this picture thing figured out.
0CB185B1-83FC-4EDA-B218-587F2DED4D58.jpeg

Yes the small town dealers are great, if you can talk them in to selling to you.

They seem to like selling close to home so they can get the service work and get you on your next purchase.

Had to go about a hundred miles up the island.

What a great purchase experience. Extremely friendly. Made us feel like part of the family.

Look what followed me home yesterday....

2023 HTC, 3LT, Z51 in stock and specced out by all in the dealership at MSRP.
I had the same type of experience. Updates were provided as soon as they became available, I never felt out of the loop.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to let you all know that, sometimes, small town dealerships may be a better option when ordering a new corvette @ msrp. My path to C8 ownership began last July, after calling numerous dealers within the greater Toronto area, asking about their waiting lists and past allocation numbers, I learnt pretty quickly that I'd be waiting anywhere between 12-24 months. Feeling discouraged, I decided to call small town dealerships within a 200km radius outside Toronto. Long story short, without any connections, I placed my order with a small town dealership about 100 km from Toronto, last August. A month later, I got a call from the dealer saying they received an allocation and the only person before me passed. I was able to submit my build in September and had the car in my garage just before Christmas - a total of four months, which I believe is extremely quick.

To all those looking to purchase a new C8 - don't be hesitant to call as many small town dealers as possible. You may be able to cut your wait time down significantly!

Have a great weekend!
Once again shows that a bit of dogged research pays off. I called 11 dealers during my search before ordering from Humberview in Toronto. Most annoying were the dealers who would not disclose anything about their previous allocations or numbers on their wait list even when I spoke to the Sales Manager and explained my reasons for needing that information. The good news was that I was able to save time by limiting my phone conversation to about 1 minute with them.

Reactions: 23VetteC8
Hey if you wouldnt mind sharing which dealership this was I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Apologies for the late reply. Next time I speak to the sales manager I will ask if they don't mind me sharing publicly. I do know that their list was already at 5 when my car was delivered. So, that would push wait time to over a year (best case).

Once again shows that a bit of dogged research pays off. I called 11 dealers during my search before ordering from Humberview in Toronto. Most annoying were the dealers who would not disclose anything about their previous allocations or numbers on their wait list even when I spoke to the Sales Manager and explained my reasons for needing that information. The good news was that I was able to save time by limiting my phone conversation to about 1 minute with them.
Nice! I also kept conversation short - It takes persistence and a bit of luck to find the right dealership. But, they are out there!

Nice! I also kept conversation short - It takes persistence and a bit of luck to find the right dealership. But, they are out there!
Its okay during my search of the small town dealerships, i had spoken to sales representative at Royal Chevrolet regarding if they get any new cars. To my surprise 2 weeks later the sales representative I spoke with called me early in the morning and offered me a nicely spec'd 2023 2LT HTC at MSRP, and before I could even see it I told him to take a $5000 deposit from me to reserve the car. Things work out nicely at small town dealers sometimes, just for the weather to get better so I can pick up the car.

Attachments

• IMG_8888.jpg
    IMG_8888.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8890.jpg
    IMG_8890.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8894.jpg
    IMG_8894.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 14
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.