Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Don't want an ethanol debate. I would like to know from those experienced with carbureted motors what the best procedure is to clean the fuel systems now that Ethanol is on all fuels.
I have 2 tractors. One gasoline and the other is a diesel. Plus I have a go kart that had it's carb ruined by ethanol. Is Seafoam the way to go? If so what's the best way to use it? Or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Just here to hear recommendations. But the question is, if all fuels have ethanol now regardless of grade, do I still need to use premium in my small engines?
Also, to avoid ethanol, I purchased that premixed fuel for my chainsaw as I just don’t go through enough mixed oil.
I’ve heard a lot of great stuff about Sea Foam, and have used it as an injector cleaner, but couldn’t actually tell you if it worked or not as it was more preventative than trying to actually fix a problem.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I am a diehard Seafoam fan. Use it on all my small engines and everything seems to work just fine. I just use it as instructed on the can.
What if my tractor is already showing signs. Have you ever ran a whole can through?

Just here to hear recommendations. But the question is, if all fuels have ethanol now regardless of grade, do I still need to use premium in my small engines?
I'm not going to. Higher octane is to prevent detonation and AFAIK small engines aren't high compression engines so it's not required. I will use the savings to pay for my now SeaFoam requirements. :)

I've been on the Seafoam for at least 20yrs. Two cap fulls in each lawnmower fillup. It goes (2 caps) in the snow blower, rototiller and pressure washer each fill too. All the small engines run on Premium, and I put ⅓ can in 25L for winter storage in my bike. Since doing this, I've yet to have carb issues.....everything runs like new...........*knocking on wood*.

Here's my favorite SeaFoam video....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.