Radiohead

Casual User
Oct 1, 2016
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2010 C6
Took advantage of the nice weather over the weekend in TO and put her away for the winter. This is my first Vette, so I followed the protocol laid out by the members in several threads on the forum. Thanks to everyone for sharing great info.

IMG_1290_zpsmxmk5l97.jpg

IMG_1294_zpsvp112fjx.jpg

IMG_1306_zpsvsz41eej.jpg

IMG_1298_zpsvgwwapqe.jpg

Here is a list I summarized from info on the site - Thanks again

1 - Change Oil
2 - Refresh Hydrolic Clutch fluid using Ranger Protocol
3 - Wash & Wax
4 - Clean interior & Moisturize Leather
5 - Fill tank & add Fuel Stabilizer
6 - Drive for 20 mins - AC on to lubricate the compressor seals
7 - Lay down Vapour Barrier to prevent rust on the undercarriage
8 - Styrofoam (My add - derivative of wood, used no-compression pink board, thought it would be better for the tires to giving some insulation value and softer than the concrete)
9 - Increase Tire Pressure to 40lbs
10 - Release Parking Brake & use Wheel Chocks
11 - Mild to Wild in Off position (as per install instructions)
12 - Steel Wool in Pipes
13 - Dryer Sheets in Cabin
14 -Trickle Charger on the Battery
15- Slightly open Windows
16 - Cover

Count down to spring....

Last edited:
Great list, but I think I would take 15 off the list or you'll have a mouse condo on your hands.
Cheers Rob
If the C6s are like other cars with frameless windows that open slightly with normal opening of the doors, then his move is correct. Just *slightly* opening the windows will help prevent damaging the seals around said windows if he ever has to open the doors while the battery remains disconnected. The windows need only be opened a smidgen, not even enough to show a visible crack.

Both the C6 and the C7 (not sure of earlier years) do have windows that crack open slightly when the doors are opened but Rob has a point as well. If you have mice, they will find the open window so make sure it's only cracked a hair.... and by a hair, just barely reduce the tension on the rubber seals. Because a mouse has no collarbone, they are only limited by the bone structure of their skull... they can fit though a gap the diameter of a pencil.... For those of us that remember what a pencil is... :p

That's the Mouseology 101 lesson for the day... :rofl:

Reactions: Spectre
No disagreement with 15 because, at least on C5 the window puts a great deal of pressure on the weather stripping. I heavily lubricated the weather stripping and ran the window up until it was just touching, tight but not completely sealed.

In Haliburton we banned Eric's "Houdini Mice" years ago.:Biggrin: All of our mice are forced by law to have a complete set of skeletal bones. I can only hope for the best.

Now backing the car in is of course a huge no no.:Nono1: I have no idea why just starting some nonsense. You done good Radiohead.:thumbs:

Woohoooo Murray.... I am surely impressed... You people in Halliburton are capable of things far beyond our comprehension.... We wasted our time trying to force our politicians to have some degree of honesty... Now I am reminded that we might as well have passed a law to force complete skeletons in mice.... At least we would have accomplished something worthwhile......:Ack2:

Seriously though.... I am going out to lube my window seals and back the windows down..... just a hair... ;)

Eric we got the additional mouse skeletal bones from, wait for it, politicians. Since most were not using their backbone, we thought the mice could use them. :Biggrin:

I think lubricating the weather stripping really does help, there is a lot of pressure against it, especially in the corner, from the glass. I have been using Auto Glym Rubber and Vinyl Protector and it seems to work well.

Those politicians have to be reminded of everything.
2XdYj6il.jpg

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread