Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So I haven’t driven the car yet but got a message that Sirius XM on the car has expired. As well my free trial with Onstar is about to expire. How many of you keep either or both of these?

So I haven’t driven the car yet but got a message that Sirius XM on the car has expired. As well my free trial with Onstar is about to expire. How many of you keep either or both of these?

Neither the sirrus or the on-star should have run out yet. It's a three month trial with a new car. If you care, talk to your dealer. Other than that, I kept neither. I have 40,000 plus tunes on my Ipod and just plug it in when I drive. That way I can listen to what I want to all the time. Sirrus radio is fine where service is good but I found in the mountains it cuts in and out a lot. The Wifi means little to me. The on-star is too much money for what it is IMO and I didn't like the idea of paying for every month my car sat in the garage. On-star basic stays on which will tell you tire pressures and a couple other basic things each month but I seldom even look at that. If you do decide to keep either or both, negotiate with them. They will cut deals just to keep you on the hook

Got rid of Onstar. I think if air bags are deployed it still works for that. Haven't tried it though. LOL. XM we are on the fence when it expires. We listen to it more in the house through the stereo more than the car. So good for that. Have you tried Spotify? Works better with no commercials. I just forgot what the price difference is. XM will drop the price a lot if you tell them you really don't want it when time to renew.

I have ONSTAR in two cars and SIRIUS in one car and the house.
I mainly have the ONSTAR for the theft & accident response.
The ONSTAR features and XM/SIRIUS costs can quite often be negotiated down a bit.
ONSTAR and XM/SIRIUS also have a feature where you can ‘park’ the account while the cars are in storage. This means that a two year account will last me 4 years. You just have to call them when you put your car away and agree on when you will put the car back on the road.

graham

Reactions: kerry4
XM will drop the price a lot if you tell them you really don't want it when time to renew.
Absolutely! I call every yr when my subscription runs out, I have them synced date wise. Always ask for "retentions" and make a reasonable offer. Very easy to deal with. My bill for 2 vehicles is ~$120 / yr, instead of the ~$550 I get billed.
If anyone does this.....tell the retentions lady you own stock in SXM (I don't, but she loves hearing it)

• Haha
Reactions: kerry4
I try to keep both but if you talk to them and tell them you haven't put the car into service they will usually start your free trial when start to drive the car and offer you a deal on the first months..And I suspend it when I park it in the fall. I am a great fan of 60's on 6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.