ourwully

Casual User
Jul 12, 2018
Georgetown
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
I am sorry for such a simple question but I can't figure out how to cancel the auto lock. When I got the car I was pleased that the car would lock itself about 10 seconds after I closed the door but now with the winter here I want the door to remain unlocked all the time. Can some one explain to me the procedure to prevent the car from locking automatically.

It appears your question is in regard to "Delayed Locking" page 36 of the Owner's Manual (mine is 2017).
This is where it shows you how to engage the feature and it then mentions page 134 for settings in the
Driver Information Center (DIC) and what is referred to as "personalization".
It is on the Screen Settings that you will find options which includes
"Power Door Locks" and "Delayed Door Lock" which is likely just an "On" or "Off" Setting.
You will need to set (guessing "Off") and then test as I have not actually tried it.

Although I first tried it out originally, I no longer use auto-lock as I am just too old-school
and have to hear the horn beep by pressing my remote "lock button" and then OCD makes me do it twice ...
When asked "why the second beep?", I just tell my Wife it's my car saying "I'm good and see you soon" :Wacky:
(or maybe that would be on the third or fourth in the succession of beeps :Shy:)
My Wife used the auto-lock feature on her C7 ... but only for a while ...
she discovered :Rage: I was just using my remote so that I could hear the "beep(s)" as we walked away. :joyful:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
It appears your question is in regard to "Delayed Locking" page 36 of the Owner's Manual (mine is 2017).
This is where it shows you how to engage the feature and it then mentions page 134 for settings in the
Driver Information Center (DIC) and what is referred to as "personalization".
It is on the Screen Settings that you will find options which includes
"Power Door Locks" and "Delayed Door Lock" which is likely just an "On" or "Off" Setting.
You will need to set (guessing "Off") and then test as I have not actually tried it.

Although I first tried it out originally, I no longer use auto-lock as I am just too old-school
and have to hear the horn beep by pressing my remote "lock button" and then OCD makes me do it twice ...
When asked "why the second beep?", I just tell my Wife it's my car saying "I'm good and see you soon" :Wacky:
(or maybe that would be on the third or fourth in the succession of beeps :Shy:)
My Wife used the auto-lock feature on her C7 ... but only for a while ...
she discovered :Rage: I was just using my remote so that I could hear the "beep(s)" as we walked away. :joyful:

Spence your OCD is ok this time as your second push arms the security system and acivates the motion sensors inside the car. My 15 was like this and I assume the 17 and up is the same. The little bulb on the dash will start flashing on and off slowly on the 2nd push to let you and the car stealing scum it’s armed.
So your off the hook for hearing the 2nd chirp. 😂

Spence your OCD is ok this time as your second push arms the security system and acivates the motion sensors inside the car. My 15 was like this and I assume the 17 and up is the same. The little bulb on the dash will start flashing on and off slowly on the 2nd push to let you and the car stealing scum it’s armed.
So your off the hook for hearing the 2nd chirp. 😂
... hmmm ... I will let her know at our next Dinner together so you have my back ...
this after leaving with multiple beeps in the restaurant parking lot :Woohoo:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Just a quick clarification, if I just walk away and it autolocks, it still arms the security system does it not? I'd hate for all this time to have left my car with the security off because I didn't hit the lock twice...
May require a test.
1. Click remote lock once (no beep) and you should see a solid red light on dash.
2. Now remote unlock.
3. Click remote lock twice (beeps) and you should see a flashing red light on dash.
4. Now remote unlock.
5. Now do your auto lock and take remote away ... come back without the remote and see if you have the solid red light or the flashing red light on the dash.
Let us know what you find as I don’t use auto lock.

Heh, I'll see. It's under the car cover for the winter. Maybe I can peel it off and check.
Understood. I just pulled the covers and verified that the remote solid light and flashing light happened
on both 2016 & 2017 c7s ... I just don't have the auto lock set to try that out. Both c7s were most happy
to go out ... but had to tell them it's not time yet :Sorry::Sorry:

I use the autolock all the time. When I wash my car and Brenda is with me, the car locks as soon as I am 3 feet away from it. More often than not she does something in the car and the alarm goes off. So im thinking the answer is yes. Still worth an experiment though in case there is a setting to activate it or not with the autolock.

This is a good question. The locking choices are vast so I read up on it and had it all figured out. Now I realize I forgot most of it and despite knowing the doors lock, I just double push the remote lock to be sure the security is armed when walking away.

Started using auto-lock about a month after purchasing the car last year. First thing I checked was that auto-lock auto-activates the alarm - it does. I like auto-lock and have confidence that my baby is protected when I walk away and hear her horn send me an audible that she is protected - go in peace she says. The downside to the feature is when I am cleaning her, she auto-locks but I need to wipe down her underarms (door insides), hatch and inside the engine compartment. The sequence is; unlock, clean one inside door, close door, auto-lock, unlock, open second door, and so on for all four openings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.