Apr 25, 2013
VetteCoins
because l have some problem with it I decided to change my sides mirrors with new turn signal led mirror .. when I separate the mirror from the cover or whatever assembly l find this surprise ...there is plug harness already there build from GM for led signal it's look like they cancel the project to the last second .. unfortunately they are not powered but they run inside the door module wires ..so now I must to run the new wires the one they come with mirror ⤵️

GM wires plug
IMG_20210310_191148.jpg

IMG_20210310_191207.jpg

IMG_1617547079640.jpg
IMG_20210310_191312.jpg

lam sure no one can explain this ...

Last edited:
actually I can

back in the late 60’s we had a chev 4 door car
my dad wanted to get door lights in,the rear doors

owner of chev dealership was a gun collector buddy and told dad to bring it by Friday night

owner had a mechanic stay late and they pulled the door apart

all the necessary wiring was there so they just ordered the light and cover for 7 bucks instead of 110 for the assembly

a call to the regional rep led to the reason

IT WAS FAR FAR CHEAPER FOR GM TO RUN THE EXTRA WIRES THAN TEAR 2 DOORS APART TO GET WIRING IN FOR THE BACK DOOR LIGHT OPTION, as it cost about 1.50 per car to do it while manufacturing the car as most were ordered with this option

SAME HERE BOYS

I like this idea.
I wanna see some more pics…
did you have to do anything under the dash?
graham
You need to take off the door panel so you can run the wires from the mirror through that wires were the mirror assembly down to panel and than between the door to inside under the dashboard we're is the feet ..and same thing with the passenger side ...if the GM powered that original wires we don't need to do all that ..
lwill post the video

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.