Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey all, was just wondering if anyone would know of a good quality corvette guy in, and around the ST Catharine's area. I have tried to adjust the top on my C5 to no end so that the window corners do not hit the edges of the top, and at this point would rather take it to someone that knows what they are doing. Most likely most of the adjustment may be in the windows them selves. Any help would be greatly appreciated...JSH

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone would know of a good quality corvette guy in, and around the ST Catharine's area. I have tried to adjust the top on my C5 to no end so that the window corners do not hit the edges of the top, and at this point would rather take it to someone that knows what they are doing. Most likely most of the adjustment may be in the windows them selves. Any help would be greatly appreciated...JSH
JSH
Silver Fox hi again
my drivers door window leaked enough I lost my seat wiring connector to rot. I had the rubber molding replaced by a shop and 6 months later it leaked again.
Finally I took the door panel off and the Bose speaker out and the very thin plastic water cover off. Be careful removing the plastic cover. The glue is 100 times stronger than the plastic water shield. BTW the plastic water shield is still available from GM parts retailers on line for less than 30 bucks US. I got mine from GMPartsnow. They’re a few bucks more but ship fast. I’m sure you have GM on line retailers in Canada. Dealers are 30 to 40% more for any part. Go on utube and you’ll see lots a videos on how remove the parts of the door panel and how to access the window adjustments. I could only find TOP OF WINDOW IN OUT adjustments on UTube 1 at the lower left corner under the courtesy reflector and 1 at the bottom of the front of the door under the rubber plug. The clamps adjust UP DOWN BACK FORTH and hold the glass with two bolt/nut on each clamp. You have to loosen the clamps that hold the window in place and the glass can be moved an inch in all 4 directions.
Adjust by hand. The clamps both have two torx screws one torx head is an adjustment screw. Study the 2 torx head screws carefully. One adjusts one dont. I don’t remember which one adjusts but it’s a no Brainer once you get into the door and study the clamps and the torx head screws. Before you loosen anything.

CAUTION! BEFORE YOU LOOSEN THE WINDOW clamps Carefully mark the window with a sharpie outlining the clamps before you start. Mark it anyway you’ll remember where it was before you start the adjusting. The marks don’t show after reassemble. The clamps have to be loose enough to free the window for movement. Adjust the window in the direction it has to go and make sure you start with very small movements making sure you match the window on the other side DRIVER? PASSENGER? side and the window top MATCHES THE LIP on the weather stripping to prevent leaking. The rubber molding has a small lip.
My driver door window was over an 1/8 inch lower than the weather strips lip. That allowed water to leak thru the weather strips 3 joints where the glass meets the rubber. Hopefully this helps & I didn’t confuse ya’ s.

Confused just a little Mule, LOL, that's why I think I would rather take it to someone who knows what they are doing. The passenger side is where the top is catching the edge of the window, and the drivers side has to much sideways play at certain heights when the window is being raised. Thanx for the info Mule....JSH

Confused just a little Mule, LOL, that's why I think I would rather take it to someone who knows what they are doing. The passenger side is where the top is catching the edge of the window, and the drivers side has to much sideways play at certain heights when the window is being raised. Thanx for the info Mule....JSH

JSH
Im sure Canada has some of the best Corvette mechanics nearby you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.