Have you burnished your brakes? Also, when slowing, don't baby the car to a stop by riding the brakes gently like you're in line to get a coffee at Tim's; stomp them once in a while.
This is from the 2020 Z51 C8 track prep guide.

BRAKE BURNISHING PROCEDURE​

STEP 1
STEP 2
STEP 3
STEP 4
Apply the brakes 25 times, starting at 60 mph (100 km/h) to 30 mph (50 km/h), while
decelerating at 0.4 g. This is
a medium brake application. Drive for at least 0.6 mi (1 km) between applying the brakes.
This first step may be skipped if there are more than 200 mi (320 km) on the brake pads.​
Apply the brakes 25 times, starting at 60 mph (100 km/h) to 15 mph (25 km/h), while
decelerating at 0.8 g. This is a
hard brake application without activating the antilock brake​
system (ABS). Drive for at least
0.6 mi (1 km) between applications. Depending on
conditions, some increase in brake pedal travel and brake pedal force may be experienced.​
Cooldown: Drive at 60 mph
(100 km/h) for approximately
10 mi (15 km) without using the brakes.​
Apply the brakes 25 times, starting at 60 mph (100 km/h) to 30 mph (50 km/h), while
decelerating at 0.4 g. This is
a medium brake application.
Drive for at least 0.6 mi (1 km) between applications.​

ALTERNATIVE CLOSED COURSE BRAKE BURNISHING PROCEDURE​

This brake burnish procedure should only be run on vehicles with the J55 Z51 factory equipped brake system. This procedure should only be run on a track and only on dry pavement. Brake pedal fade will occur during this track burnish procedure and can cause brake pedal travel and force to increase. This could extend stopping distance until the brakes are fully burnished.

STEP 1
STEP 2
STEP 3
Start track lapping at lower speeds and lower braking efforts for 3 minutes of driving. Allow for increased braking distances due to reduced brake output.​
After Step 1, increase speed and braking effort for the next 6 minutes of lapping, gradually ending up at 90% effort.
Continue to allow for increased braking distance due to reduced brake output.​
Cool the brakes by lapping with minimal light braking for 6 minutes.​

Hey guys, I’ve got 10,000kms on my Z51 and the fricking noise the brakes make at low speeds is driving me crazy. It sounds like a garbage truck.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so what have you done to resolve it?

Looking for suggestions from those with experience.

Thanks.
Yes I have 12,000 km's and the same issue with the brakes on my Z51. I do drag the brakes occasionally and it does fix the issue for awhile. There are pads available that are apparently better for street use for the noise and the dust. But I am wondering what performance loss occurs when you want to track it? I have not touched the brakes until I get more info too.

I had this issue. Switched to hawk brake pads. Low dust. Great stopping power and very low dust. You might have some glazing on your pads or rotors. Go hard on the brakes to remove the glazing. If this does not work you will have to change rotors and pads to elimate problem. Since I switched over to hawk brake pads have never had any issues with squeaking. I changed my disc as well to a better than OEM disc will not rust and stays very clean “DBC” -disc.

Reactions: PapaSmurf
Z51 = brake squeal. Well know issue On all z51 cars.
take pressure washer to the calipers. Helps remove the squealing dust. That is why it gets worse in hot weather, and better on rainy days.

Hey guys, I’ve got 10,000kms on my Z51 and the fricking noise the brakes make at low speeds is driving me crazy. It sounds like a garbage truck.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so what have you done to resolve it?

Looking for suggestions from those with experience.

Thanks.
Drive backwards for about a 1000 feet pumping the brakes hard... I am a licensed tech.

Just a reminder that this is actually addressed in the owners manual. Clear instructions on how to deal with it which basically amounts to doing some hard breaking at various speeds and with varying pressure. Check it out

I did all of that. The noise went away for a day and then came right back. Changing the pads solved my problem for good

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.