Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Hi All,

As of a few minutes ago we've opened up the new Showcase functionality to all registered members.

What is showcase?

1. It's a new and unique way of grouping and presenting items
2. It is a review and feedback system
3. It is a dyno/timeslip database
4. It's a new competition for best showcase
5. It's many things I've not thought about

Currently I encourage users to use showcase as a sort of My Garage story album. We will eventually add the dyno database functionality and review system.

How to use?

Click on the Showcase menu item and click on the Add Item button in the top right. Fill out the required fields, add a picture (you need one so it show up on the carousels), fill out a description of your car, truck, snowmobile and rock and roll.

You can associate a showcase item with an album in your existing Media Albums page also (after you create the item, select the item tools drop down and pick the last option) if you don't feel like re-uploading pictures.

An appropriate forum post will be created for each new showcase item under the Garage category.

What else can I do?

You can add locations to items (optional), you can upload pics, you can rate other showcased items and the like. In the future you'll be able to create reviews for cars, parts etc.

Give it a spin and do let me know if you have questions. This is still in Beta as I'm very much not done with it.