So I installed the Fidanza short throw shifter. Once you order it they make it for your specific vehicle. Easy to install. The throw is 3 inches from 1st to 2nd. It's a little stiff. I've not had the experience of trying another STS so I have nothing to compare it to. But for 130.00 USD (plus taxes) shipped to my front door I give it a thumbs up.

So I installed the Fidanza short throw shifter. Once you order it they make it for your specific vehicle. Easy to install. The throw is 3 inches from 1st to 2nd. It's a little stiff. I've not had the experience of trying another STS so I have nothing to compare it to. But for 130.00 USD (plus taxes) shipped to my front door I give it a thumbs up.
Thats great. Post up a short video of shifting through the gears for us so we can hear what its like.

Would be good to feel the difference between that and an MGW.
I have a B&M shifter and it’s fine, but it’s really stiff. After 13 years with the car, I’m used to it and don’t mind it, but if there was a better option to start with, I’d go that route.

Same, I haven't had the opportunity to try other shifters & MGW comes up a lot when referring to short throw shifters. I just drove mine about 2000 K a couple of weeks ago. I will say it feels stiff especially going into gear but it plants itself in gear when its there. My car has an issue of not staying in first some of the time. Since I switched to this new shifter it has only popped out once. But with the stock shifter it happened almost every time I took the car out. So the jury is still out. I'll get that video out next time I get it out on open road.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.