YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
OFF TOPIC - SHIPPING Carrier Kudos (success) & SHIPPING Rants (failures)

I should have started this off-topic thread 5 years ago when I started buying & shipping.
A few people look for referrals for better shipping methods & preferred Carriers.
It also might be of help just to rant about a failure and try to move along.
So go for it and please include a photo or two ... hopefully keeping this "off-topic" on topic. :angelic:

Long behind me was a successful purchase and shipment of a C7 roof panel from Burnaby to Calgary (expertly boxed with packing & delivered).
Then there was a failure with a set of 4 brand new tires on customized wheels from Detroit to Calgary (a forklift fork punctured a tire).
No photos so not much more to say ... moving along.

Once a few posts with photos follow, I'm sure we may find a few consistencies ... we will see.

Last edited:
UPS (the Brown Truck) is notorious for me …
I just bought a $500+ item from NY and prepaid for the shipper to clear customs and collect tax.
I have bought from this Company many times.
The only thing I do not like is that they only use UPS (the Brown Truck).
The Carrier never fails me making sure that I cannot reuse what starts out as a perfectly good shipping box.
The contents made it here safely but one would have to wonder when receiving it.
So … here today is yet another UPS interpretation of handling a shipping box with care.
They continue to think the shipper is their customer and not the person at the doorstep who actually paid their fee(s).
Resulting from covid is that you get a doorbell ring and they dash away ... so there is no documenting other than
taking a photo before opening the squished up box ...

F6A57438-18D6-487A-8383-099A67B30E19.jpeg

Last edited:
UPS (the Brown Truck) is notorious for me …
I just bought a $500+ item from NY and prepaid for the shipper to clear customs and collect tax.
I have bought from this Company many times.
The only thing I do not like is that they only use UPS (the Brown Truck).
The Carrier never fails me making sure that I cannot reuse what starts out as a perfectly good shipping box.
The contents made it here safely but one would have to wonder when receiving it.
So … here today is yet another UPS interpretation of handling a shipping box with care.
They continue to think the shipper is their customer and not the person at the doorstep who actually paid their fee(s).
Resulting from covid is that you get a doorbell ring and they dash away ... so there is no documenting other than
taking a photo before opening the squished up box ...

View attachment 90562
Quite right about it being the customer who is their real client.
Have no doubt that they can turn it around and say that it is the shipper who chooses them.
Never the less if the item is packaged for the shipping abuse it will probably receive then what is in the box will more than most likely be OK.
Might be a good idea to send a picture to the shipper. They would probably have more pull with UPS than you or I

For the past week Purolator has been on my s**t list, 2 weeks ago they were on my good list when I bought a set of wheels for the daily. Tracking shows it was picked up in Brampton and the next day was on truck for delivery. I happened to be off on holidays that week and expecting them to show up in the aftn sometime I was surprised when just after 9am the truck pulls up and drops off my wheels.

Wheels were fine, but the O rings that are on the center caps to pop them onto the hub of the wheels were damaged, so I made a call to my online seller of the wheels and they offered to send me a new set of 4 center caps with new O rings.

Purolator picked up this package back on Monday 20 Dec and because I was not on vacay anymore and didn't want that parcel sitting on my front door waiting to be pirated off my porch I called them and requested them to hold it at their depot (on Kipling) for me to pick up.

On Tuesday, tracking showed some kind of mechanical delay so I just figured it would be Wednesday. On that day it showed it was on truck for delivery. After work I got home and phoned them and asked what that meant....................on truck for delivery to the depot for me to pick up like I requested back on Monday or it's actually getting delivered to my house. I was told the latter so I just thought "ok" save me a trip to Kipling to pick it up. The aftn came and went and now it's evening, no sign of my parcel showing up. I called them around 8pm wondering what's happening and was told that they deliver up to 9pm but in my mind I doubt someone will show up so I told the person on the phone again to keep it at the depot for pick up Thursday.

Thursday morning I check tracking and again it showed "on delivery for pickup", went through the whole fiasco again and into Friday (X'mas eve), all the times when I was on the phone I asked why it kept being loaded onto the truck and driven all over Toronto but never to my house to be delivered. Finally Friday I got home from work and called again, this time after being put on hold at times for quite a while I was told that some higher up in management got a hold of the driver and told him to attempt delivery of the parcel before bringing it back to the depot. So around 6pm still no signs of the driver I call again and being X'mas eve there is no chance anybody is coming to deliver anything now. After going through this s**t for a whole week I get the news that my hold request was never put through so he did another one and now it could be Thursday 30th before I can pick it up (they are closed Mon-Tues).............................god what a pisser!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Track a Package or Shipment _ Purolator and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2021-12-2...jpg
    Track a Package or Shipment _ Purolator and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2021-12-2...jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Track a Package or Shipment _ Purolator and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2021-12-2...jpg
    Track a Package or Shipment _ Purolator and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 2021-12-2...jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread