They are selling US builds of the Z06; thats kind of amusing that they would advertise US pricing. The Z06 is rather...impossible... to get in a Canadian allocation so some dealerships have taken on to importing and selling US Vette Z06's. They are new vehicles that have to be brought in as 'used' even with the original factory miles on them, and they are subject to a 12K mile warranty exclusion.

My thought as to why they would market them in US dollars would be to have it appear cheaper than it really would be after that Canadian conversion...

Their Cdn price comes to $133,500 eheheh....for a Coupe, Z06 and manual.

Last edited:
At $133,500 Canadian it's still cheaper then then $147,000 one he offered to me last month. You'd think they'd put more effort into the add by listing all the options. The one he offered me was yellow with the Z07 package. I see this one is Orange. Still pretty rich if it doesn't have everything you want. I think the most expensive Z06 Coupe in Canada would be no more then $120,000 with the Z07 option, 3LZ, A8 plus more. But good luck finding one.

Was kinda expecting to see these high numbers here in Canada!

So much for the talk here complaining the MSRP will be $90k instead of $85k

that seems to be thrown out the door... maybe the odd person will find a honest dealer...

$140,000+ with GST or $75,000 for my ZR1 ... anyone want a decently priced ZR1 with 12,000 miles?

and the new Z06's are having issues lacking power with the ECU !!!

Brian

I don't see a a problem with the ECU and, maybe I am just not knowledgeable enough in cars but, isn't an intentional conservative ECU setting much better than the original heat problems all were originally whining about? 90% of us will not track this car (actually I probably will at some point), at least to the extent that those complaining about ECU will. The car isn't even weeks old and the good news is there can be a great deal done by the pro tuners to really push this engine, well above the 650/650 in fact. That's a good thing isn't it?

The other sites have gone rapid with their whining and crying but, when you put the entire C7 and C7 Z06 package together...these are still amazing machines. Where can you equal the Z06 in exterior options/interior options/tranny choice/conv or Coupe and performance anywhere. That cannot be touched IMO.

At $133,500 Canadian it's still cheaper then then $147,000 one he offered to me last month. You'd think they'd put more effort into the add by listing all the options. The one he offered me was yellow with the Z07 package. I see this one is Orange. Still pretty rich if it doesn't have everything you want. I think the most expensive Z06 Coupe in Canada would be no more then $120,000 with the Z07 option, 3LZ, A8 plus more. But good luck finding one.

Wayne
I have priced out a few cars there...there are so outrageous i am not sure why anyone does business there. they have a few advertised, just check kijiji under Alberta.... Won't be my next stop for sure:nono:

The absolute best part of this thread is that Google has/will index it and the more people contribute the better it will place when someone Googles "Sherwood Park Chevrolet"

Eventually iy may make Google Pg 1.

there is one video out there of a guy doing a burnout right after delivery in front of a dealership....... void warranty haha

think it was a Rick Hendrick dealership.

Correct it was at Rick Hendrick's dealership, but the buyer is the owner of Vengeance Racing and I doubt very much he cares about warranty, I have a feeling for them it'll be used for R & D purposes. Vengeance Racing

Burnout link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gkd5x-HurpY

I read he put on 3 miles doing that burnout. He also said the car drove like beast on his way back to his shop... He was impressed with it as it was.

Sherwood = retail prices for used cars.

Wayne
I have priced out a few cars there...there are so outrageous i am not sure why anyone does business there. they have a few advertised, just check kijiji under Alberta.... Won't be my next stop for sure:nono:

I've been there a few times last fall. At the time they had three cars in the showroom all with mileage starting from 1500 and up .... still at retail prices or a bit higher. Same MO going back nearly a decade of importing low mileage Corvettes from the USA. :rofl: At the time a salesman told me they are charging $2000 over MSRP stated on the Canadian GM web site to order a C7. :nono: Sherwood will always sell a lot of Corvettes because there are people that do not quibble over five thousand dollars for a C7 and drive it home the same day.

Even though I live in the region there are a couple of options other than Sherwood, one being a certain forum vendor who has impressed me with his continued support in this forum and to my PM's. :coolgleam:

Dick

Go Owais at Gateway.....
icon14.gif

I don't see a a problem with the ECU and, maybe I am just not knowledgeable enough in cars but, isn't an intentional conservative ECU setting much better than the original heat problems all were originally whining about? 90% of us will not track this car (actually I probably will at some point), at least to the extent that those complaining about ECU will. The car isn't even weeks old and the good news is there can be a great deal done by the pro tuners to really push this engine, well above the 650/650 in fact. That's a good thing isn't it?

The other sites have gone rapid with their whining and crying but, when you put the entire C7 and C7 Z06 package together...these are still amazing machines. Where can you equal the Z06 in exterior options/interior options/tranny choice/conv or Coupe and performance anywhere. That cannot be touched IMO.

The problem is that GM hyped this car as the most track worthy Corvette ever. The fact is that this is not true. I would be really upset if I had the C7 Z06. By locking down the ECU to prevent the car from reaching its advertised potential is downright dishonest. Its even more amazing that they tell you to visit a tuner to unlock the potential of this car and by the way you lose your warranty. I don't know many people that want to take their $100K car for a tune and lose the factory warranty. Nice going GM.

IMO, they have accomplished and proven their point that this is the most trackworthy car ever, right from the first run as I recall. Then...add all the extras that this car has.

To me, GM should have released a statement stating what they did very clearly though and explaining that the Corvette ECU has conservative settings in order to reach warranty specifications. They would have STILL sold the same and the tuners would have tuned bringing this to and above 650/650 with little effort for the hotshots. GM made a simple bad marketing decision which still doesnt change sales whatsoever.

Who needs 650HP driving down the road? It is nothing more than a number. Crap, from the flywheel it has that.

IMO, they have accomplished and proven their point that this is the most trackworthy car ever, right from the first run as I recall. Then...add all the extras that this car has.

To me, GM should have released a statement stating what they did very clearly though and explaining that the Corvette ECU has conservative settings in order to reach warranty specifications. They would have STILL sold the same and the tuners would have tuned bringing this to and above 650/650 with little effort for the hotshots. GM made a simple bad marketing decision which still doesnt change sales whatsoever.

Who needs 650HP driving down the road? It is nothing more than a number. Crap, from the flywheel it has that.

It may be changing the sales though. Go over to Corvette Forum and you will see that the new Z06 is getting smacked by lesser cars. This is becoming a problem for a lot of people and they don't want to spend money and lose warranty to make the car capable. GM is going to have a PR nightmare brewing. Some guys are even suggesting that the previous Z06 is a faster and more reliable track car. Since it weighed a lot less and was normally aspirated that may end up being true. Don't know if I would even want a new Z06 at this point. It may end up being the expensive car that nobody wants.

Another post about the Z06 ECM, read the owners manual, to get full power there is a break in period that must be reached. Kind of like your first time having sex, I'm sure you weren't at your full potential the very first few times??

Fixing the Corvette Z06′s ECU Power Loss: Follow the Proper Break-In Procedure

From what the tuners are saying on the other forum that is impossible. The car is not magically going to pick up 100 horsepower. They say GM downgraded the engine controls to allow for less warranty issues. So in effect the car has been neutered to save GM some money.

It's absolutely possible. They can program the ECM to regulate the fuel flow map to keep the engine at bay while it is going through the break in period. My Z51 was programmed to keep the red line down until the break in mileage was put on it. It also does the same if teh engine is not fully warmed up.

I just think this is very smart usage of the built in technology in this great car!

Also over on GM Authority they have confirmation of this from a GM Performance person Z06 Break-In Should Overcome Conservative ECU | GM Authority

It's absolutely possible. They can program the ECM to regulate the fuel flow map to keep the engine at bay while it is going through the break in period. My Z51 was programmed to keep the red line down until the break in mileage was put on it. It also does the same if teh engine is not fully warmed up.

I just think this is very smart usage of the built in technology in this great car!

Also over on GM Authority they have confirmation of this from a GM Performance person Z06 Break-In Should Overcome Conservative ECU | GM Authority

I agree I know a few guys with Z51 cars and they noticed the same restrictions and the car picked up after the break in period. Makes total sense.

2010 Chevrolet Pickup Truck

For what it's worth my 2010 Chev. truck had limited horse power until it had 5000 km. on the ticker. After that milestone it was full-blast. :D

Same for my wife's 2014 Impreza and a daughter's 2013 Crosstrek XV (Subaru's) . Definite break-in periods.

Dick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread