Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
I know the actual numbers aren't published yet, but with an all but confirmed 700+ horsepower and mid 3 second 0-60 rumoured, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this new beast from Ford? I still don't think it will outrun a Z06 on a track or off the line, but it will sure give the ZL1 and Hellcat a lot to contend with. Sounds great too!

I saw some car show reviews and the little road video Ford released.
The car looks great and has a very nice interior. Carbon fibre all over it including the wheels.
A knob shifter and only DCT available. No auto or manual transmission for this model. (Kind of C8ish)
The sound of the car in the video was kind of gross but that may not be fair without hearing the car live.
I am excited to see how it does on the track and it’s actual performance numbers. I didn’t get any information on handling improvements or refinements for this car but I expect it has something. I believe it has a mag ride system too.
The price and availability is the next thing. I’m curious to see if Ford does to Canada what GM did with the C7 ZR1 with very limited availablity.

All in all a very sweet looking car. Should be some YouTube crash videos soon. 😂

Reactions: lupo
The car looks great and has a very nice interior. Carbon fibre all over it including the wheels.
A knob shifter and only DCT available. No auto or manual transmission for this model. (Kind of C8ish)
The sound of the car in the video was kind of gross but that may not be fair without hearing the car live.
I am excited to see how it does on the track and it’s actual performance numbers. I didn’t get any information on handling improvements or refinements for this car but I expect it has something. I believe it has a mag ride system too.
The price and availability is the next thing. I’m curious to see if Ford does to Canada what GM did with the C7 ZR1 with very limited availablity.

All in all a very sweet looking car. Should be some YouTube crash videos soon. 😂

Agree, Cars & Coffee mayhem will reach a new level with this car!
It would have been very interesting (and possibly heresy) had they moved to an AWD platform. It's bound to happen at some point, and I heard they are planning an AWD Mustang in the next few years. It will likely, and intentionally, be a slug like the Challenger variant which is too bad.

Getting all that power down in the GT500 will be very tough.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Love the look , I have a 2010 Shelby that I gave to my wife when I got the vette , however , I may have to get another GT500 :)

Attachments

• Kaz's new GT500 .jpg
    Kaz's new GT500 .jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
I haven't heard a weight number yet, but between what I'm expecting to be 4000+ lbs, and the auto only transmission, I have no interest in it.

And for a touch of perspective, I've owned 3 Mustangs, and considered a Mustang instead of my Corvette. This is the first time in my life I can say I don't want a top dog Mustang in my driveway.

@G-ForceJunkie I'm coming off 2 Mustangs and was in the same position as yourself, but the Vette is an another league, and that's no disrespect to the Mustang as I'm a huge supporter. I forgot about my Mustangs pretty quickly after 2 minutes in the Corvette.
Having said that I'd happily take a used GT350 in my garage as a 'smaller' sibling to my Z06!

With sales tailing off, what is this availability problem other than made up to keep customers on the edges of their seats? At the rate GM is going, they will be building the Corvette in China too. I worked for them for 41 years and am becoming pretty disillusioned with what they are doing. General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube

This availablilty comment was made with respect to what GM pulled on the exteremly limited availability of the ZR1 in Canada. Many of us refused to pay the huge premiums over MSRP and did not get a car.
So who won... not GM and certainly not the customers with cash in hand that refused to be screwed over. So the dealerships are the only winners. Or are they? Perhaps selling more cars at a reasonable price would have benefited them as well.

Reactions: XFIRE82
I know with Ford we typically get 10% of the available speciality cars versus the USA. We are 10% of their population so it kind of makes sense. I personally would rather sell 50 cars at 3000.00 profit than 5 at (over msrp)10k profit. There are a ton of unsold new GT350's sitting on dealer lots right now. If they are there because they were initially greedy i do not feel sorry for them in the least.

• Agree

I've read a lot about this car and it will be amazing: similar AT as the GT super car, special track pkg. available like the ZR1, MRC system, etc. etc.. I think it is a spectacular looking car - I love the GT - corvette and mustang were my cars when I was young and could not afford much. I've now owned 4 corvettes and one Shelby GT500 - cars I always wanted to own. My understanding is that the new GT500 will be readily available; but, could be very expensive depending on the option pkg ordered - see this write-up: 2020 Shelby GT500 Info & Specs | New Shelby GT500 | CJ Pony Parts

With sales tailing off, what is this availability problem other than made up to keep customers on the edges of their seats? At the rate GM is going, they will be building the Corvette in China too. I worked for them for 41 years and am becoming pretty disillusioned with what they are doing. General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube
Wow, scary indeed. 100% about bottom line and nothing else! Sad times when Wall Street controls our destiny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread