You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Wife drove the vette in from Golden to Calgary. First time in the left seat. She thoroughly enjoyed it! Wasn't top down weather until we got here. It was very cool to see the car cruising in front of me. I was in my truck as we are heading in different directions tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20180706_165925.jpg
    20180706_165925.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180327_140950.jpg
    20180327_140950.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 47
That could be the last time you see your car Dan !! You might wanna keep that pic !!

Just kidding. I offered twice last fall for Jenny to drive my car. She didn’t,I was really hoping she would’ve though. The plan was to let her drive some of the mountain cruise in August so I could take some pics.

Reactions: Dantanman
You guys are all wonderful to share your big toys with your wives! Your gal will get there one day Mikey. I hear ladies at car shows often say they're not afraid of the horsepower but have an overwhelming fear of dinging/curbing/nosing their husband's beloved car that keeps em from getting behind the wheel. :boomcar:

Wife drove the vette in from Golden to Calgary. First time in the left seat. She thoroughly enjoyed it! Wasn't top down weather until we got here. It was very cool to see the car cruising in front of me. I was in my truck as we are heading in different directions tomorrow.
Nice truck man!!!!

Reactions: Dantanman
I just recently upgraded to a C7 from a C6 and all I have heard so far is "I'd be afraid" however it was followed by " the last few times I took the old car I was super confident".....I'm sure it's just a matter of time! :)

Reactions: ddgermann
I just did a marathon back from Winnipeg and my wife about drove me insane with all the gasping and jumping every time we got close to another car. Ok once was warranted when I almost bounced off a stealthy little SUV that got beside me as I was pulling out to pass.... but she is not a relaxed corvette passenger. 😂 In the Hummer she’s totally relaxed though
Take a ride with her in the SUV and you hang for your life .... but she says it’s not the same. I don’t debate that... ever.
I’m thinking my right corvette seat will be empty a lot. 😬

My wife is like yours Tin-can, loves to ride but does not want to learn to drive a stick or control the horsepower. I wish she would try but then again we would need a bigger a rage when SE got her own.
She bugs me now that the next one has to be automatic so she can try. I see the results of that here, right Spence! Now you have to maintain and wash two vettes! Not a bad thing though.

I just did a marathon back from Winnipeg and my wife about drove me insane with all the gasping and jumping every time we got close to another car. Ok once was warranted when I almost bounced off a stealthy little SUV that got beside me as I was pulling out to pass.... but she is not a relaxed corvette passenger. 😂 In the Hummer she’s totally relaxed though
Take a ride with her in the SUV and you hang for your life .... but she says it’s not the same. I don’t debate that... ever.

Brenda just keeps bringing up some such nonsence about too much testosterone.... lol...

Interesting post on wifes and cars. I actually would like the wife to get behind the wheel and "give er".... but no way. Has never wanted to drive the fast cars but loves being in the passenger seat when a certain someone :) decides to "give er"..... Having said that, she is totally at ease pressing down the gas pedal on her 'baby' 02'T-Bird which has a V8. :ohoh:

My wife is quiet. It actually kinda disturbed me, because neither of my cars are slow. The TA might make people STFU with its acceleration, but the Vette has elicited screams, swears, or at least tremendous gasps out of every passenger except for my wife, and her father. Ironically, both of them gave me the same response - I know you would never do anything that might damage your car, so I know that I am safe.

My wife and my cars are almost exclusive relationships, though. The cars are my thing, and to her they are just another tool. She understands that they are all important to me, and she has had to learn to differentiate between the 'special' cars and the daily cars. So have I. To me, they are all special in their own way, and I care for each of them like they were my children; and to her they are like plastic plates that you use every day, scratch up or whatever, and throw them in the dishwasher (even though I've never seen her wash a car), and when you are done with them, you get a new one. Funny..... I thought of women that way until I got this one.

Derek, I may have to help fill that empty seat on a few occasions. Haha

I was fortunate to learn to drive a manual in the military when I was young. (Ok, I am old). After a terrible tour overseas I decided life is too short. I always loved corvettes so my husband told me to go buy one. He likes them but he rode in the passenger seat most times. He had his big truck that I didn't drive much. That was my 76 vette bought in the 90s.

I will be heading to Vegas to learn to drive my C7 properly and see it's full potential.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.