YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Curious if I am the only one experiencing this theft from these junky brown boxes?
Post your photos if it happens to you for this “shame on Canada Post” Thread.

I reported this 10 hours ago.
Mail Delivery came by and only removed any of remaining contents and keys.
So we are now without mail delivery for an unknown period for the 5th time in the past 2 years.
I’ve got these same type of photos on each occurrence and nothing gets changed.
My requests for a better community box goes to deaf ears.
It has changed my life to going paperless with e-transfer or credit card payments.
The legacy for what was once an actual Postman is now shamefull 👎🏻

Ya I know ... the condition of these boxes and the fence of a neighbor,
one would not think I live in a very nice neighborhood - oh well.

803403F5-8F8F-471B-B9CD-F02AD3F30989.jpeg

F29C2A32-BE3C-4F2F-9A3A-D884C569365D.jpeg

Last edited:
adding ...
this is the result of thieves breaking into these useless brown boxes.
5 times in 2 years. This time there was 25 of them in the neighbourhood broken in to.
There are more secure green coloured boxes now and Canada Post just won’t replace mine.
I am therefore posting wherever I can.
This theft and shutdown of mail service that follows is a huge compromise especially
during covid and for a business at home.

Last edited:
I miss the good old days when mail actually got delivered right to your door. Mail comes at all different times of the day in those boxes. Lots of times when I go to get the mail it's not there yet. When I was growing up we had a wonderful mailman. He would stop and chat for a minute if we were outside. On hot days my mom would always give him a glass of lemonade or if he needed to use the bathroom on his route he was always welcome to use ours. But back then we didn't have to lock our doors either.

I miss the good old days when mail actually got delivered right to your door. Mail comes at all different times of the day in those boxes. Lots of times when I go to get the mail it's not there yet. When I was growing up we had a wonderful mailman. He would stop and chat for a minute if we were outside. On hot days my mom would always give him a glass of lemonade or if he needed to use the bathroom on his route he was always welcome to use ours. But back then we didn't have to lock our doors either.
... and the dog got exercise too 🙂👍🏻

Reactions: kerry4
I'm on a farm so we still have our own mailbox on a stand at the ends of our laneways. Makes it easy for thieves. They don't even need to get out of their vehicle. Like Al, I don't use mail for anything anymore. Etransfer, automatic withdrawals and deposits for bill payments and money coming in makes life easy. Luckily, there is seldom anything except store flyers in there. They get fed to my incinerator. Does irritate me though when the Princess Auto sales booklet goes missing. :Biggrin:

I'm on a farm so we still have our own mailbox on a stand at the ends of our laneways. Makes it easy for thieves. They don't even need to get out of their vehicle. Like Al, I don't use mail for anything anymore. Etransfer, automatic withdrawals and deposits for bill payments and money coming in makes life easy. Luckily, there is seldom anything except store flyers in there. They get fed to my incinerator. Does irritate me though when the Princess Auto sales booklet goes missing. :Biggrin:
But I was directed by CCF to mail something to you last year to a box similar to this ... I hope it was not stolen. I’ve also mailed to Al.

Sadly ... I have little choice but to rely on postal service for both personal needs and my business, receiving of some government mailings only done by mail and for my charity stuff on top of deliveries that my hands are tied with for a few needs during this covid whatnot era.

Last edited:
The mailman was being paid about $18 to $30/hour to walk the street and deliver mail, plus great benefits on top of that. While it was nice to get this service in the past, it came with a price and I remember postal rates going up big-time years ago and people grumbling then but their powerful union was blamed for the high rates being paid for a low-skill job. So in some ways, they priced themselves out of a job. So yes that service was great to have but I doubt the majority of Canadians would be willing to pay for it to come back. Hopefully more secure boxes will be installed soon. Until then, it's a problem and the OP post is a good reminder for me to check my mail box more often. So far they've not been tampered with. However it's not just the mailboxes affected: most forms of delivery are falling prey to thieves these days such as the courier home deliveries where people are losing items placed on their doorsteps. A sign of our "COVID-times" with people out of work or with too much time on their hands.

Reactions: YFCvii
The mailman was being paid about $18 to $30/hour to walk the street and deliver mail, plus great benefits on top of that. While it was nice to get this service in the past, it came with a price and I remember postal rates going up big-time years ago and people grumbling then but their powerful union was blamed for the high rates being paid for a low-skill job. So in some ways, they priced themselves out of a job. So yes that service was great to have but I doubt the majority of Canadians would be willing to pay for it to come back. Hopefully more secure boxes will be installed soon. Until then, it's a problem and the OP post is a good reminder for me to check my mail box more often. So far they've not been tampered with. However it's not just the mailboxes affected: most forms of delivery are falling prey to thieves these days such as the courier home deliveries where people are losing items placed on their doorsteps. A sign of our "COVID-times" with people out of work or with too much time on their hands.
You have captured my intent here with warning for others. There must be something in it for thieves to do this. They are breaking into every section and not just the door that has the big box parcel slots.
It might be that it is tax return season for this occurrence ... who the heck knows. 😷

I agree. Other than the "Covid times". Mail theft, porch pirates, and thieves in general were rampant in central Ab. long before Covid was invented. More a sign of Ab. oil industry going to the toilet.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
I only get bills or junk flyers. So they can steal them. LOL.

One Month Update following the online shaming … Got mail today with new keys as our community mail box is being replaced after 5 breakins over the past few years 👍🏻
It’s not my thing to complain the way I did as this community mailbox is needed by my business at home - even more so in this dang covid-era. Hopefully the breakins will not happen now. 🙏🏻
DBF1CDA0-5EDC-4C0D-85BA-1A13703BE6E9.jpeg

One Month Update following the online shaming … Got mail today with new keys as our community mail box is being replaced after 5 breakins over the past few years 👍🏻
It’s not my thing to complain the way I did as this community mailbox is needed by my business at home - even more so in this dang covid-era. Hopefully the breakins will not happen now. 🙏🏻
View attachment 81774
I still have the old farmer mailbox at the end of my lane. So far so good but many neighbours have had their boxes robbed. I would have no trouble with CP installing a theft proof mail box.... if there is such a thing....

I still have the old farmer mailbox at the end of my lane. So far so good but many neighbours have had their boxes robbed. I would have no trouble with CP installing a theft proof mail box.... if there is such a thing....
I doubt that this will be 100% theft proof - hopefully more difficult than the original POS boxes.
Having so many apathetic don't-give-a-s**t neighbors being very very apparent too.
They associate the mail box with bills. Thinking if they don't receive them, they don't have to pay them.
My bills are automated but method for Business receivables and supplier shipments … are not in my control.

Learning to celebrate very small victories one-at-a-time in covid-era isolation.
Surpassed 350,000 banked vette coins last week ... :cigar: (helped in part with this selfish thread :angelic:)
anticipating the next small covid-era victory in a different thread this coming Monday ... stay tuned :joyful:

Last edited:
Had the same problem two years ago, and in a nice area of the city. It took these clowns over 5 weeks and continuous badgering for these idiots to replace the boxes with the same ones as in your photo. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES for this garbage. The true problem is the top heavy and horribly overpaid "management" at the Canada Post headquarters in Ottawa. The decision to replace a vandalized mailbox only comes from some useless functionary by the request of the local sorting station branch in your area, and this can take forever. ALL of these shortfalls and inept conditions within the system are well known, and nothing is being investigated by any government branch, so this crap continues unchecked.

How do I get rid of invalid emails? Fill in this message with your examples for example what do you think about it? Bulk Email Verifier I came to the conclusion that it's the only right decision Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread