Damn, can you imagine the line up at the power stations. I guess there won't be any spontaneous cruises or rallies anymore. If they can find a way to charge a car in 3 minutes, it would not be so bad. 24hrs of LeMans will be more like 16hrs of charge time and 8hrs of racing....

A lot can happen in 15 years.

I was in China in 2018...went back a year later to the same city, and every single taxi had been transitioned over to EV. Recognize that this ain't China, but the world is moving in this direction.

The tricky part for the energy companies is balancing production when petrol and diesel demand goes down, but trains, cargo ships, and airplanes all still need fuel.

The tricky part for the energy companies is balancing production when petrol and diesel demand goes down, but trains, cargo ships, and airplanes all still need fuel.
Single person transatlantic drones? lol

Last week a company named QuantumScape ( backed by VW, Bill Gates & others) announced that they successfully created a solid state battery. If/ when this becomes a reality EV’s will instantly be a viable option. Weight, power density, charge time issues all become solved. That being said, I have a list of cars I want before they become either blue chip collectors items or banned.... a Z06 could be one of them...

Screenshot_20210105-065439.png

Too bad for the rush-to-announce commitment for jumping into a puddle with both feet.
Perhaps for a short-term goal for seeking a vote ... saying & doing will always be 2 different things.
Fortunately this is on my "least to worry about list" :oldman: ...
Thinking that EV's will come into mass production and use with it's own list of concerns and disregard of environmental and moral impact(s) :dead:.
In the meantime, will be hanging on to raw material petrochemical investment and adding cobalt & lithium just might not be a bad idea. :cigar:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread