EvillaC6

I'm New Here
Nov 13, 2018
Colorado
VetteCoins
So I’ve been fighting this service traction control problem for a week now and I can’t figure it out, the codes I get are
U0101 lost communication to TCM
P2176 minimum throttle position not learned
P1682 Ignition switch 1 circuit 2
So far I had the lost communication with the TCM and I cleaned up the TCM and added dielectric greese and was running perfect after that for a few months, this time I did the same with the TCM and got a new ignition switch and nothing seems to be fixing this problem
While trying to drive it, with the traction control alert i put it in D and it feels as if the brakes are locked or the Traction control is kicking in I can’t go over 1k RPM or so I really want to fix this problem before I have to tow it 1hr away from where I live to a Chevrolet dealer thank you! Oh! And mods are stock z06 headers,diablew tune, black wing SLP intake

So I’ve been fighting this service traction control problem for a week now and I can’t figure it out, the codes I get are
U0101 lost communication to TCM
P2176 minimum throttle position not learned
P1682 Ignition switch 1 circuit 2
So far I had the lost communication with the TCM and I cleaned up the TCM and added dielectric greese and was running perfect after that for a few months, this time I did the same with the TCM and got a new ignition switch and nothing seems to be fixing this problem
While trying to drive it, with the traction control alert i put it in D and it feels as if the brakes are locked or the Traction control is kicking in I can’t go over 1k RPM or so I really want to fix this problem before I have to tow it 1hr away from where I live to a Chevrolet dealer thank you! Oh! And mods are stock z06 headers,diablew tune, black wing SLP intake

Might want to introduce yourself in the new users section Evilla... More members will see you there before they happen upon your post in the C6 section..And our members also like to see pictures of your ride... Just warning you. And Btw... Welcome to the forum. :Biggrin:

I’m not sure if it’s related but I had a similar problem with a 13Z. The issue was wheel speed sensors. They are integrated into your hubs.... so unserviceable and the entire hub has to be replaced. Let’s hope that not you problem as one was about $1500 if I remember right. That was 3 corvettes ago. My car had mag ride and a bunch of performance traction settings similar to the C7s so it may be something different if your car doesn’t have that stuff.
This problem rings a bell though as I read about the entire list of things you mentioned somewhere. I think it was the US forum. If you haven’t surfed the threads over there... have a look as there was lots of information on this exact issue.
There are a few C6 experts on here so maybe someone will help you sort this one out.

Anyway keep us posted and hope you find the definitive answers.

Derek

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread