Dec 1, 2020
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hey guys I just rolled up to 800km my car and now need to get the oil and filter done. Wondering if anyone in the Hamilton area has any experience with the local dealers they can trust to service this car. Called the dealer in Burlington and they have the drive in lube rack guys do this . Not comfortable with that .
Appreciate any advise.

I'm interested. I was under the impression a certified corvette tech has to perform all service work on the c8 ?
Apparently after some questioning , this dealer has 1 certified C8 tech., off Mondays, and oil changes need no appointment, just drive in, a” service tech.” Does the oil changes . ( kinda unclear who does it)
I get it that they may not sell too many corvettes and service reflects that, but I still do not want an oil rack dude working on my car. Maybe I am too picky but that is what I want and expect. I did book in at Cullen based on others experiences and volume of C8 sales .

Apparently after some questioning , this dealer has 1 certified C8 tech., off Mondays, and oil changes need no appointment, just drive in, a” service tech.” Does the oil changes . ( kinda unclear who does it)
I get it that they may not sell too many corvettes and service reflects that, but I still do not want an oil rack dude working on my car. Maybe I am too picky but that is what I want and expect. I did book in at Cullen based on others experiences and volume of C8 sales .
100 percent agreed. I just remember reading somewhere that c8 techs worked on c8's. And regardless for the calibre of how complex would be nice to have a person who knows the car versus a lube kid. With no disrespect to lube techs.

I was hoping a genius poster would confirm or deny. I appreciate how everyone is so kind and helpful to others

Rob

Reactions: Kelvette
100 percent agreed. I just remember reading somewhere that c8 techs worked on c8's. And regardless for the calibre of how complex would be nice to have a person who knows the car versus a lube kid. With no disrespect to lube techs.

I was hoping a genius poster would confirm or deny. I appreciate how everyone is so kind and helpful to others

Rob
Before Covid hit GM offered every Corvette dealer a course on the changes to the Corvette to certify their techs. Dealers also had to buy the C8 repair kit. Since Covid, they relaxed all that, but they still needed to buy the kit. It has some specialized tools. That said, I did ask my local dealer and he said it was NOT a requirement that they work on the car, but they are there for guidance just like any other shop, they have their master tech and others who follow their guidance.

Edit: I know many dealers will only allow the Corvette tech to touch one.

Any one used Budds Chevrolet in Oakville for service on their Vette?
I have a 2019 C7 Grand Sport, Manual

I have used the Burlington dealer for service on my last 3 Corvettes, including my current 2020 C8. Always received very good service but have been fortunate to not have any serious problems. They have done 3 oil changes so far on the C8 - no problems! I know the managers there so they know how particular I am. So far, very satisfied!

I had my 2nd oil change at Searles 2 weeks ago. Rob the Service Advisor is part of the Corvette Club of Hamilton or whatever it's called. Drop your car off and walk up the street to the Argyle St. Grill for lunch...

Jack Raccoon! has not received any compensation from this recommendation...

I had my 2nd oil change at Searles 2 weeks ago. Rob the Service Advisor is part of the Corvette Club of Hamilton or whatever it's called. Drop your car off and walk up the street to the Argyle St. Grill for lunch...

Jack Raccoon! has not received any compensation from this recommendation...
.....yet

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.