Thank you but currently not planning to look at this
Can't there be a separate category like miscellaneous for all the comments about planes and trains and things not automotive?
I really don't want to have to scroll through all this stuff.
Unless you see something I don't, the planes and trains DO have their own separate category. They are in the General Off Topic forum section. "What's New" posts include new posts from all the forum categories and will remain that way. Scrolling has been known to cause blisters on the wheel finger so if this in the case, click on "Forums", then the little gearbox and scroll down and ignore sections to your heart's desire.

ignore.png

What I find interesting in this "Suggestion" is a fundamental part of any forum. Participation.

I get it that some people don't like trains, planes and what have you. However it is somewhat offensive that a member would complain about the inconvenience of having to scroll through topics that lack interest to them and yet contribute nothing themselves. If there is no participation by a forum member how would others know their preference in reading material or photographic contributions?

I would say if there was nothing but strictly Corvette topics posted here the forum would be a lonely boring place. Over the years I have found it surprising, entertaining and enlightening what other members are interested in. It certainly is not all Corvettes.

My "rant" for the day.

I understand where @CorvetteRon is coming from - but for very different purpose.
It would be great (if possible) for the Banner "What's New" on the top of this screen could option
to mirror the "user defined" settings from the redundant "What's New" on the "Forums Screen".

I have had to create a habit of clicking "Forums" on the Banner above
to access and review my user defined "What's New" list displayed in a small
window on that screen (as described in message #2 above). It solved my purpose
except it would be much easier to be able to use a "one click" method from the Banner above
but only when settings are defined from the Forums Screen.

I ramble but I think @Nik understands the suggestion.
He does the work - so I know it's his decision and for determining the means.
Since my 8% active brain is not clear on the question, I will let understanding @Nik address this. :Biggrin:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I was only suggesting to be able to hide sections from the what's new drop down above
similar to how we can hide members. I have very good reason and it is not intended to be an
offensive suggestion as my comment (removed) was not directed to any particular member nor about planes or trains.

I was only suggesting to be able to hide sections from the what's new drop down above
similar to how we can hide members. Not intended to be an offensive suggestion as
my comment (removed) was not directed to any particular member nor about planes or trains.

No offense taken. That suggestion is already in the works, I'll add it if not already listed.

Thanks

No offense taken. That suggestion is already in the works, I'll add it if not already listed.

Thanks
Your CCF consideration is appreciated and Thank You,
Regarding the drop-down banner option "What's New" that I see at the top of this desktop screen.

I think it is harmless being open to not forcing those to view What's New in Sections that they are not interested in.
Meaning all What's-new in the "Off-topic" (as an example) can removed from viewing.
This perhaps making it possible for a user to option for only viewing "What's New" from only one C-Gen Section.

I must add that all paid-for Sponsorship Sections and Key CCF Sections (ie the News & Events) should not be selectable.

... restating that my support of this suggestion is towards being constructive and it is not directed toward any member or topic (ie. the planes & trains) ...

Reactions: Nik