Does anyone really believe a dealer is going to let some joe nobody sell his #7 spot for 50k, depending on the dealer this swindler is with #7 could be years out, I feel like inquiring to find out the dealership name just to rat him out, Brian if you’re on CCF be warned! I will be following Kijiji to see where this craziness goes
iOS Image - 1976644731.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Does anyone really believe a dealer is going to let some joe nobody sell his #7 spot for 50k, depending on the dealer this swindler is with #7 could be years out, I feel like inquiring to find out the dealership name just to rat him out, Brian if you’re on CCF be warned! I will be following Kijiji to see where this craziness goesView attachment 98770
Let us know what he says

Reactions: MY21C8
Let's say Brian is actually on a list and is honest about this ad...what's wrong with it? Brian buys the car with the next buyers specs, when the car arrives Brian takes delivery of it, then turns around and sells it to this buyer for an extra 50K. Brian gets black listed by GM and he can't buy another vette for a while. Why let most dealerships get this extra easy money when some of us can get it. What is the difference between selling your car on day 1 of ownership or day 365 (a part from going on the GM naughty list)?

I've even heard a story of someone having up to 3 consecutive C8 allocation at a dealership. When time came around, this person contacted some of his friends to see if they wanted one of them. It's like he was standing in line to get tickets for a group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Movie Muscle
Let's say Brian is actually on a list and is honest about this ad...what's wrong with it? Brian buys the car with the next buyers specs, when the car arrives Brian takes delivery of it, then turns around and sells it to this buyer for an extra 50K. Brian gets black listed by GM and he can't buy another vette for a while. Why let most dealerships get this extra easy money when some of us can get it. What is the difference between selling your car on day 1 of ownership or day 365 (a part from going on the GM naughty list)?

I've even heard a story of someone having up to 3 consecutive C8 allocation at a dealership. When time came around, this person contacted some of his friends to see if they wanted one of them. It's like he was standing in line to get tickets for a group.
Interesting notion. It's still a little shady.
As to the story, I doubt any dealer would let someone get away with that unless that dealer was also in on it.

I inquired about this with “Brian” last night, he has no intentions of buying the car and lose the 30k in taxes, Matt that’s the problem with your take, yes he could do it that way but the guy would want you to spec a base 1LT coupe to make any money, if you do a 3LT HTC fully loaded with carbon wheels and all that I would assume anyone paying 50k for an allocation would do all the profit would be gone in taxes

iOS Image - 2646047015.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.