Jan 24, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette Sting
Province
ON
My C8 should arrive in 8-10 weeks (hopefully), wondering what some of you have done with your C7? Hoping for a fair trade-in price to take advantage of the Tax Savings, but you never know?? Thought of calling around to different Dealers to see what they would offer me to buy the car as it will be an easy sell for them in the spring. Selling privately can be a hassle....Curious what some of you have done and how fair of an offer your Dealer gave you on a trade vs current retail prices....Current Auto Trader prices on C7's are still really good, and I don't expect them to drop by spring...

My dealer in Victoria puts the car on a dealer computer auction for a day to see what he is offered.

The price he gets is what he will allow for the trade.

Usually works out quite well in spring and summer and you get the tax savings on the trade.

The other Victoria dealer has a very good used car manager and he appraises the car.

Usually works out to between 5 and $10,000 less than retail.

Reactions: butsy
My C8 should arrive in 8-10 weeks (hopefully), wondering what some of you have done with your C7? Hoping for a fair trade-in price to take advantage of the Tax Savings, but you never know?? Thought of calling around to different Dealers to see what they would offer me to buy the car as it will be an easy sell for them in the spring. Selling privately can be a hassle....Curious what some of you have done and how fair of an offer your Dealer gave you on a trade vs current retail prices....Current Auto Trader prices on C7's are still really good, and I don't expect them to drop by spring...
I had to trade mine in because my C8 came in very early , compared to what I was told, by 2-4 months. They gave me 63,000$ trade in but I had only 5604kms on my C7. I could of sold it for ever 70ks. I would try to sell , on my own , until the day your C8 arrives. Start advertising now , if you have not done so yet. When you advertise , say you are selling through accommodation , so you can save on taxes. Good luck.

Reactions: Dik
My dealer in Victoria puts the car on a dealer computer auction for a day to see what he is offered.

The price he gets is what he will allow for the trade.

Usually works out quite well in spring and summer and you get the tax savings on the trade.

The other Victoria dealer has a very good used car manager and he appraises the car.

Usually works out to between 5 and $10,000 less than retail.

YUP

lost it on auto-player now and see what happens

I had to trade mine in because my C8 came in very early , compared to what I was told, by 2-4 months. They gave me 63,000$ trade in but I had only 5604kms on my C7. I could of sold it for ever 70ks. I would try to sell , on my own , until the day your C8 arrives. Start advertising now , if you have not done so yet. When you advertise , say you are selling through accommodation , so you can save on taxes. Good luck.
thanks...can you explain your last statement? 'selling through accommodation'? what does that mean?

Traded my 2019 C7 back to the dealership where I bought it and ordered a C8 loaded. Didn't have the C7 very long. Had some complaints about it. They gave me back exactly what I paid for the car and later sold it used for $2,000.00 more than I paid for it new. I'm a good customer there. Helps a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dik and butsy
thanks...can you explain your last statement? 'selling through accommodation'? what does that mean?
What that is , is you sell to your buyer, through your dealership. So basically you find your buyer , then you sell to your dealership and they sell it back to your buyer and you save taxes on the price you sold it for. It is like if you trade it in but get a better price , than what your dealer would of given you. That is what a dealer calls accommodation , selling privately, through them.

Reactions: Dik
Traded my 2019 C7 back to the dealership where I bought it and ordered a C8 loaded. Didn't have the C7 very long. Had some complaints about it. They gave me back exactly what I paid for the car and later sold it used for $2,000.00 more than I paid for it new. I'm a good customer there. Helps a lot.
Your lucky , I am a good customer at my dealership but they screw me over and tried again with the extended warranty. I bought it elsewhere and they have lost me , as a customer.

What that is , is you sell to your buyer, through your dealership. So basically you find your buyer , then you sell to your dealership and they sell it back to your buyer and you save taxes on the price you sold it for. It is like if you trade it in but get a better price , than what your dealer would of given you. That is what a dealer calls accommodation , selling privately, through them.
thanks..Understand now....what's in it for the dealer?? How common a practice is this for a dealer to agree too??

I bought my C7 from WIlson Niblett, and although they didn't really want my 21 year old C5, they allowed me to sell it privately on AutoTrader and have the buyer pay them + HST, which then gave me a decent tax break on the 'trade in'. For the bit of work fielding about 2 dozen inquiries over a few days, I came out about $3,000 ahead. Just a caution...I know the market is more robust now for used vehicles, but don't necessarily go by what people are asking on AutoTrader...many of them sit there for a long time at those prices. If you want to sell it quickly, you'll likely need to set a more attractive price. But it'll still be higher than a straight dealer trade in.

Reactions: butsy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.